Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
What is a "thermal exhaust", and why would I want one?
They made very nice exhaust system, in my opinion, for early generations of Hondas back in the 90's/early 00's. No fart cans and actually sound very nice.

It's very nice to hear that a lot of companies are jumping on board with aftermarket parts for the CTR besides the big names that flood the markets for every single car ever made.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
They used to be called Thermal R&D I believe...

OP
OP
jefxfree

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
What is a "thermal exhaust", and why would I want one?
As Chee_hu said below. Thermal R&D make aftermarket exhaust. They generally have a deeper base tone to them than a lot of the other after market exhausts being sold. They have the anti-fart can sound.

Really it depends on what you're looking for in your car. I have a thermal on my CRX and love it.

They made very nice exhaust system, in my opinion, for early generations of Hondas back in the 90's/early 00's. No fart cans and actually sound very nice.

It's very nice to hear that a lot of companies are jumping on board with aftermarket parts for the CTR besides the big names that flood the markets for every single car ever made.
100%!

They used to be called Thermal R&D I believe...
I think this is still their name. I've always just dropped the R&D for ease of discussion. :)

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They were doing the work up on the R last week. I have to call them this week to get my Sport in there for fab work. Best exhaust I have ever had. Had one on my '99 EX sedan and my '10 Si. Full Race licenses them and rebrands them as their exhaust.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
They were doing the work up on the R last week. I have to call them this week to get my Sport in there for fab work. Best exhaust I have ever had. Had one on my '99 EX sedan and my '10 Si. Full Race licenses them and rebrands them as their exhaust.
Yep, thanks for the heads up in the other thread. I had the Full-Race (Thermal R&D) exhaust on my '13 Si and it was amazing. Can't wait to hear this one.

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
This is definitely great news...been a fan since 1998 when I put one on my 92 Accord Coupe.

Fingers crossed for a Sport Hatch model soon!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did someone on here let them use their R for the prototype? If so could you PM me?