The "Who regrets their purchase!" Thread

Hockeyman61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic , 2010 Honda Accord, 2005 Honda Accord Coupe, 2004 Buick PArk Ave Ultra
I do.... Regret this purchase. This car is a piece of junk,aside from the engine........
Sponsored

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
I like my 2017 Civic Si Sedan WOP, but if I could do it all over again I probably would have waited three months and got a 2017 Accorrd Sport 6MT right now, as they are going for pretty cheap and because of the n/a K24, would probably last forever.

That said, I have no complaints about my car, other than an uncertain future longevity of the L15B7.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I've had it a little longer, I don't regret my purchase but I do have some complaints... mostly minor nitpicks.

The horn is trash. I've heard louder horns on kids tricycles.
The carpeted mats that come with the car are thin crap.
Maybe it's my car but my rear defroster takes forever to defrost anything.
The sheet metal is so damn thin.
I love the Cosmic Blue, but it only looks amazing the day you wash it. After that it looks dirty all the time.
The CVT is kind of useless for spirited driving but overall works fine.
Where is the sunglasses holder? lol

Overall though, this is a good looking car with good MPG's. And it's enjoyable to drive for the most part (still wish Honda offered the 6 speed with the higher trims).

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now that I've had it a little longer, I don't regret my purchase but I do have some complaints... mostly minor nitpicks.

The horn is trash. I've heard louder horns on kids tricycles.
The carpeted mats that come with the car are thin crap.
Maybe it's my car but my rear defroster takes forever to defrost anything.
The sheet metal is so damn thin.
I love the Cosmic Blue, but it only looks amazing the day you wash it. After that it looks dirty all the time.
The CVT is kind of useless for spirited driving but overall works fine.

Overall though, this is a good looking car with good MPG's. And it's enjoyable to drive for the most part (still wish Honda offered the 6 speed with the higher trims).
Note to self: cross off cosmic blue along with black as options if lunar silver isn't available next time. Lol

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
Other than the fitment irritations that are well documented, I'm very pleased with the Si. :thumbsup:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Check the side of the center of the center console next to your knee. That's where I keep mine (although I use a case, too).

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am really happy with my EXT with CVT. If I need to get up and go, I drop it to S and hammer the pedal. It doesn't take long to get up to 70-80 mph. The mpg is really good, the infotainment system is good in mine. After 22,000 miles and 15 months, i am satisfied.

Dallasite1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I've had my 2017 ext coupe about nine months now. And although I'm just starting to have a bunch of issues with the infotainment system, the only real thing I regret is getting black instead of the lunar silver. Big headaches for me and my OCD trying to keep the black clean and scratch free :(
This is my first new car in over ten years, so things like the cvt that people dont seem to like, I'm not really sure I'm even aware of. Took a while to get used to the turbo lag as this is my first turbo also. As far as having issues and stuff, I do remember my first new Toyota, and how the block cracked on it after two months, and a new Nissan truck I had, which I traded very shortly for a new Chevy s10 that had to be towed back to them two days after I bought it, lol
You see where I'm going right. Basically I haven't had any more problems with the civic than any other new car I ever had, but I will say I would have never expected to hear half the issues a lot of people on here have had from a Honda product. But overall, I love the look of the civic, I just hit 48 mpg , aside from the crappy cloth armrests and console, I love the interior styling ,its comfortable and had plenty of get up and go for me. God I just wish I had gotten the lunar silver lol
I have the black color as well (there were very few used EX-T on the market when my previous car was totaled and I needed a "new" car ASAP). Ended up with black but God would I give anything for lunar silver...

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
after reading this thread I'm glad I got the LX MT coupe. No infotainment system, no CVT and the NA 2.0 engine. Built in Canada and the car is as tight as a drum. No rattles or noises of any kind. The fit and finish is perfect. I can't find a single thing wrong with this car. As far as I can tell it's perfect and I've had it for a year and a half. I had no idea about all the complaints about the higher trims, I bought mine because of the price alone. Pure luck.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
after reading this thread I'm glad I got the LX MT coupe. No infotainment system, no CVT and the NA 2.0 engine. Built in Canada and the car is as tight as a drum. No rattles or noises of any kind. The fit and finish is perfect. I can't find a single thing wrong with this car. As far as I can tell it's perfect and I've had it for a year and a half. I had no idea about all the complaints about the higher trims, I bought mine because of the price alone. Pure luck.
As a Touring owner, I'm actually envious of an LX 2.0L manual. I would not want a tenth generation turbo Si so the LX Na manual would be the perfect choice for me. I'm keeping this civic and will get an SUV next. I can live with it until then financially wise.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
After living with the CVT for a while the one thing that really sucks is how slow it is to respond when going up steep hills from a stop. I'm used to auto transmissions that sometimes hunt for gears and such but this CVT sort of blows going up hills. It really falls on it's face delivering the power in those situations. I haven't tried L yet and maybe that's what I need to use when starting out uphill...

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
I've been expecting to have some buyers remorse, but after 400 miles and 2 months, I' liking it more and more. My only complaints are relatively minor and I see Honda fixed many of them on the 2017 CR-V and I assume the 2018 Civic.

My only regret is that I later found out mine was built in October 2016 and was 9 months old when I bought it, and that 2018's came out 2 months later. So I paid probably $1000 more than I should have. On the flip side, I unloaded my money pit, premium fuel sucking BMW that while sounding and handling great, was not a good highway commuter.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
I do.... Regret this purchase. This car is a piece of junk,aside from the engine........
Tat's cause you got the 1st year (2016) problems, it's like first world problems but completely avoidable, ROFL.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
My only regret is that I later found out mine was built in October 2016 and was 9 months old when I bought it, and that 2018's came out 2 months later. So I paid probably $1000 more than I should have. .
You got ganked like Tom, Dick and Harry did. In comparison, I did for the Nitrogen in tires + Identity theft but then again, I supposedly didn't pay delivery or atleast that was the carrot my salesman dangled to get me in. I got a 2017 model year civic hatch with SENSING for 21,4 out the door. That's including taxes so about 20k before? Before you say, 'its only a LX', don't forget I get the 1.5T as well as the sweet ride and suspension!
Sponsored

Last edited: