OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
The TypeR wing is meant to fit the hatchbacks seeing how the TypeR is one, so you're not the only hatchback owner that's going to be putting on the wing. I've been checking everyday for a replica to come out. Like everyone else said, just don't slap on the TypeR badge.
I found this in ebay. Just as a carpet response thanks everyone for your input. I'm not gonna be putting it on any time. I'd rather take care of the more practical things like a new suspension kit being the HB is fairly new haven't found much on carID and I haven't seen anything on the tein suspension kit for the new civics yet I'm sure they'll come soon so yeah. Also this is for you Jayzon since u said you wanted to do it. I think it may be worth the money. http://m.ebay.com/itm/262968305275
Sponsored

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
How much hate from our own community do you all think I'd get for slapping on the type r wing on my HB ST? I'm most likely still gonna do it but just curious to see where u all stand.
I'm selling mine. Championship white. $1200. Let me know

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
I found this in ebay. Just as a carpet response thanks everyone for your input. I'm not gonna be putting it on any time. I'd rather take care of the more practical things like a new suspension kit being the HB is fairly new haven't found much on carID and I haven't seen anything on the tein suspension kit for the new civics yet I'm sure they'll come soon so yeah. Also this is for you Jayzon since u said you wanted to do it. I think it may be worth the money. http://m.ebay.com/itm/262968305275
Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, a lot of the replicas out right now are for the sedan or coupe. Still waiting on the hatchback compatible ones.

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, a lot of the replicas out right now are for the sedan or coupe. Still waiting on the hatchback compatible ones.
I check the description says it's good for the hatch maybe I sent u the wrong link.

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
THe image on the ad shows it on a type R... which is a hatch.....which leads me to believe the pic is not the actual product.....Considering it also has the Type r Carbon lip kit as well which isnt even availible yet....

however the compatability chart on the ad says it only fits sedans

Ive contacted the seller to confirm its fitment for my car . 2017 4 dr ex hatch.

ill let you know the response.

Id gladly wrap that in carbon or paint it white and put it on my car.

My assumption is the offical OEM honda carbon type r wing is gonna be alot more pricey then this spoiler.

Last edited:

Stegodon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
THe image on the ad shows it on a type R... which is a hatch.....which leads me to believe the pic is not the actual product.....Considering it also has the Type r Carbon lip kit as well which isnt even availible yet....

however the compatability chart on the ad says it only fits sedans

Ive contacted the seller to confirm its fitment for my car . 2017 4 dr ex hatch.

ill let you know the response.

Id gladly wrap that in carbon or paint it white and put it on my car.

My assumption is the offical OEM honda carbon type r wing is gonna be alot more pricey then this spoiler.
I told the seller he should update his pic as it shows a 2017 civic type R hatch with a carbon wing... not his product....

Seller said:

New message from: eurocustomproparts.inc
Honda Civic 10th gen The type r wing on HB ST iconTopRatedSeller_19x18
(1,388
Honda Civic 10th gen The type r wing on HB ST iconRedStar_25x25
)

civic sedan 4door onlyu need drill hole to fix with screw
thanks

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I told the seller he should update his pic as it shows a 2017 civic type R hatch with a carbon wing... not his product....

Seller said:

New message from: eurocustomproparts.inc
Honda Civic 10th gen The type r wing on HB ST iconTopRatedSeller_19x18
(1,388
Honda Civic 10th gen The type r wing on HB ST iconRedStar_25x25
)

civic sedan 4door onlyu need drill hole to fix with screw
thanks
Good looks papa, thanks for taking the time to check with the seller. I won't lie most of the spoilers I've seen seem to only be for the sedan/coup. The ones I've found for the hatch are only coming carbon fiber, but if I don't go cf route I think I'll she'll out the money for a Honda original

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Looks like that seller has now updated his picture:

Honda Civic 10th gen The type r wing on HB ST ricer-mods-4

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I'll be doing the same, something like this wing.

I like seibon, but my seibon gt wing didn't last that long I heard CF isn't a good route for daily drivers. I had the gt wing from seibon on my corolla lasted about 3 months before it started cracking and 1full year on the car before I finally decided it was time to let it go.

jackdonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX CVT
Country flag
I like seibon, but my seibon gt wing didn't last that long I heard CF isn't a good route for daily drivers. I had the gt wing from seibon on my corolla lasted about 3 months before it started cracking and 1full year on the car before I finally decided it was time to let it go.
Good to know, thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Np bro that was the wing in its brand new days
Honda Civic 10th gen The type r wing on HB ST 20160703_124438

Honda Civic 10th gen The type r wing on HB ST Screenshot_20170511-003724

That is when I finally took it off

largelybored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I thought about putting the wing on my sport hb... POSE-R custom plate, and the Type R badge clipped to read Type P.

It all got ruined when POSE-R wasn't an available plate in TX......

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought about putting the wing on my sport hb... POSE-R custom plate, and the Type R badge clipped to read Type P.

It all got ruined when POSE-R wasn't an available plate in TX......
That's weird I didn't know they could say no to custom plates

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I personally think its ok. Bout ten years ago in the Toronto area, it was common to see RSX's with ITR wings on the back. And I actually thought it looked quite nice on the car even though I knew 100% they weren't Type Rs.
Sponsored