The type r wing on HB ST

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 C300, 14 corolla, 17 civic
Country flag
How much hate from our own community do you all think I'd get for slapping on the type r wing on my HB ST? I'm most likely still gonna do it but just curious to see where u all stand.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you will be fine, just don't put Type-R badges on and try to pass it off as a CTR.
Yeah def not that I'm not trying to lie about the trim I just really like that wing. I actually wanna put an ST badge.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Yeah wings are fine but like other guy said don't badge it and try to pass off as one. Everyone knows it is not.

OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Appreciate the feedback boys. Working on getting a tune maybe a month or two from now. Look forward to seeing what u guys do with that beast on the way.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from a 42 year old that wasted too much time caring what other people think; do whatever you want to your car. If you want that wing then rock it & enjoy the snot out of it. Just know that it will likely involve drilling into your hatch, probably cost more than you think & will likely garner a little hate from some fan boys. As long as you know what you are getting into, let your flag fly, brother.

Good points noted below. It would probably be easier to just replace the whole hatch with a CTR hatch to reduce lots of potential issues, but then your cost is likely going up too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nexus90

Nexus90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Coming from a 42 year old that wasted too much time caring what other people think; do whatever you want to your car. If you want that wing then rock it & enjoy the snot out of it. Just know that it will likely involve drilling into your hatch, probably cost more than you think & will likely garner a little hate from some fan boys. As long as you know what you are getting into, let your flag fly, brother.
My corolla had a giant ass gtr looking wing from seibon I just figured I'd ask because I know for a fact the civic community is a lot more involved than the rolla.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Agreed,
Do what you want to your car, but own up to it...laugh/smile about it and enjoy it! :nixon:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
The Type R trunk may have some extra reinforcements to withstand the weight of the wing. The trunk may bow over time from the weight and downforce generated. It may not be as straight forward as you think.

Also, the car may be out of balance due to the extra downforce in the back. The Type R has splitters at the front to help balance the car.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Nicely stated! I'm 44. I'll be happily sporting the wing on my future CTR.
In any case, WRX guys do it all the time (STi wing) so no big deal. The only hiccup might be price or if Honda parts dude will be an azz hat. I remember trying to buy some Mugen parts for my 06 Si. They didn't want to sell it to me since I was a non- mugen owner.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
The Type R trunk may have some extra reinforcements to withstand the weight of the wing. The trunk may bow over time from the weight and downforce generated. It may not be as straight forward as you think.

Also, the car may be out of balance due to the extra downforce in the back. The Type R has splitters at the front to help balance the car.
I seriously doubt he'll have anything to worry about when it comes to downforce generated by the wing. At least not at normal DD speeds.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eh, I'm not a fan. I've always had a problem with people putting an STI wing on a standard WRX.

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
The TypeR wing is meant to fit the hatchbacks seeing how the TypeR is one, so you're not the only hatchback owner that's going to be putting on the wing. I've been checking everyday for a replica to come out. Like everyone else said, just don't slap on the TypeR badge.
Sponsored