The Little 1.5T That Could -- VitTuned Si taking a beating on the dyno

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No in this case since the SI can be tuned as well.

Im pretty sure a tuned SI with no lift shifting would spank a tuned CVT pretty hard lol.
im being super nitpicky but the SI does have a larger exducer and 9 fan blades instead of 11 so it "should" have an advantage when tuned.....BUT, I just love that Vit is extracting so much from the 1.5.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOL. The Ford plant here has a "foreign car" parking lot away from the factory here.
Pretty sure the GM plant in my town does the same thing

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
WITH a GOOD clutch :thumbsup:
hmm, you don't need a clutch for a tuned MT to beat a tuned CVT. The stock clutch can be tuned to pull more power than a tuned CVT.

Im pretty sure even my work in progress tune would beat a tuned CVT as mine is currently running 26 PSI, but, I think I would have to flat foot shift. But who knows, I could be talking out my ass, I get wrecked by econ-boxes coming off the line lul

@VitViper, probably knows better than me haha.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
He's just trolling. Not sure why he's in the SI forums talking down on the car since he has a CVT

hmm, i you don't need a clutch for a tuned MT to beat a tuned CVT. The stock clutch can be tuned to pull more power than a tuned CVT.

Im pretty sure even my work in progress tune would beat a tuned CVT as mine is currently running 26 PSI, but, I think I would have to flat foot shift. But who knows, I could be talking out my ass, I get wrecked by econ-boxes coming off the line lul

@VitViper, probably knows better than me haha.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
You couldn't give me a CVT anything but people like different things..;)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He's just trolling. Not sure why he's in the SI forums talking down on the car since he has a CVT
ha ok, CVTs are making great power, dont get butthurt over it. No one is talking down on the SI, he just stated he smoked a non tuned one. Anyway, I thought SI fanboys hated the new SI with its 1.5 and all......

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You couldn't give me a CVT anything but people like different things..;)
If I had a choice Id have a MT, but sadly when my Accord decided it wanted to start crapping the bed at 60k miles I had no choice as the MT wasnt out yet and I really wanted a turbo civic......

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Saying he smoked an SI is just trying to stir the pot. He even trash talked a tuned SI in his earlier post. Just immaturity right there talking. I honestly don't believe him and anyone trying to race their brand new SI is pretty careless if not already broken in properly. CVTs are fast but auto are not my cup of tea. I like to feel my car and decide how it drives. To each their own. I love my 1.5 and never had an issue from the time it was announced to its actual release. My expectations were in check and VIT is showing the capability of this awesome little turbo

ha ok, CVTs are making great power, dont get butthurt over it. No one is talking down on the SI, he just stated he smoked a non tuned one. Anyway, I thought SI fanboys hated the new SI with its 1.5 and all......

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Saying he smoked an SI is just trying to stir the pot. I honestly don't believe him and anyone trying to race their brand new SI is pretty careless if not already broken in properly. CVTs are fast but auto are not my cup of tea. I like to feel my car and decide how it drives. To each their own. I love my 1.5 and never had an issue from the time it was announced to its actual release. My expectations were in check and VIT is showing the capability of this awesome little turbo
Wow y'all are completely ignorant. Us non SI owners have BEEN making power... No one is talking trash I own the same damn car basically, it just happens to be faster right now. Get over it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saying he smoked an SI is just trying to stir the pot. I honestly don't believe him and anyone trying to race their brand new SI is pretty careless if not already broken in properly. CVTs are fast but auto are not my cup of tea. I like to feel my car and decide how it drives. To each their own. I love my 1.5 and never had an issue from the time it was announced to its actual release. My expectations were in check and VIT is showing the capability of this awesome little turbo
So Vit was careless for bringing his SI home throwing it on the dyno then beating on it with less than 100 miles? For real though, If Im running 26 psi and an SI rolls up on me, Im going for it, but Id have video proof with my dashcam too!!!!!!!! Back on topic, its the same engine so SI or not we all can make some good power with this car is the point that needs to be made

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The K20 and K24 people that were bashing got awfully quiet after the VIT dyno results.
uh yeah no kidding. Then they come at you with "yeah but how about my 600 hp K20"

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Or
'it lacks character"

'
Sponsored