The Little 1.5T That Could -- VitTuned Si taking a beating on the dyno

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
I guess I just stick to day dreaming of Honda making a civic that will come with a 10 speed DCT :drool:
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
And to think people were calling me crazy months ago when I said the Si would be making amazing numbers. This is great! I knew this 1.5 had some potential.

haztorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM EX-T
Everyone bitching about the 1.5 prior to release... smh.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Everyone bitching about the 1.5 prior to release... smh.
Yea but look how much money you will have to drop for the downpipe + ktuner + clutch. After all in, you spent about as much as the cost of a base WRX most likely including the price for the civic.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
That's not the point. People love to mod these cars. They love Hondas. Other manufacturers shouldn't be brought into it. It's the thrill of modding the car you bought and made it your own. They obviously didn't want a WRX. They wanted a Honda.

Yea but look how much money you will have to drop for the downpipe + ktuner + clutch. After all in, you spent about as much as the cost of a base WRX most likely including the price for the civic.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
But the WRX is an ugly unreliable hunk of shit and still costs a few thousand more than a modded SI which will walk away from it from a roll.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
You're saying a new modded car costs more than another new un-modded car? Shocking.

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
But the WRX is an ugly unreliable hunk of shit and still costs a few thousand more than a modded SI which will walk away from it from a roll.
The WRX is practically bulletproof. Where do you get the idea that the wrx isn't reliable? Hell, Subaru Jen every bit as reliable as Honda

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Im just sayin...
That's subjective based on a person's personal taste.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Downpipe $384, Ktuner v1 with custom tune $650, Clutch $550= $1584 +Civic SI 23900 = 25484. Base WRX starts at $26695 so no it doesnt equal that. Lets say you pay for install you still wont be over the cost of a base WRX.

b0j4ngl35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
lol just curious but when was the last time someone was at a car meet and people started breaking down exactly how much money they spent on car X vs someone else's car Y? People are going to buy what they're going to buy and make it their own; if the "right car" to you is the fastest one you can get the cheapest, then go buy a used Corvette :p

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
isn't it great that we have vehicles with different looks/ amenities / engine / sound to suit different buyers needs.

I'd never be able to buy a new car if I'm constantly worrying about what I could've bought with the money I spent on my cars.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol just curious but when was the last time someone was at a car meet and people started breaking down exactly how much money they spent on car X vs someone else's car Y? People are going to buy what they're going to buy and make it their own; if the "right car" to you is the fastest one you can get the cheapest, then go buy a used Corvette :p
Exactly, it why when people tell me "well I can buy an m3 for the price of a Type R marked up" Well good, I dont care, I dont want an m3, I want a Type R!!!!!

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan