The Little 1.5T That Could -- VitTuned Si taking a beating on the dyno

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Well now that I’ve changed out the clutch on our test mule 10th Gen Civic Si I’m able to lay into it and see what this baby turbo with the 1.5L motor can really do. Thank you to ClutchMasters for providing us with a very strong clutch — it held up through all the abuse I just put this car through.

I am currently using KTuner on our test vehicle as this is the only software available to me that provides me with all the necessary control to really work on the innards of this ECU and dig deep into what this motor, turbo and ECU can do. Big thank you to them for providing the software we needed to get some serious testing under way.

See the blog post for full commentary!

http://blog.vittuned.com/laying-into-the-2017-honda-civic-si/

Honda Civic 10th gen The Little 1.5T That Could -- VitTuned Si taking a beating on the dyno nolimits

Honda Civic 10th gen The Little 1.5T That Could -- VitTuned Si taking a beating on the dyno alli

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
325lb/tq and 300+hp

bruh

I see in your blog you dialed it down to 240-245whp and ~290-300wtq

So your Si is fast as a WRX? :O

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's at this moment, I knew I fucked up by buying first gen and buying a CVT for that matter. FML.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So when you come out with the turbo upgrade, can the non si 1.5 make this kind of power with a good clutch?

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
This is just tune and clutch right? No downpipe, intake or catback?
PRL downpipe was installed while I was doing the clutch.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
I know people with manuals are going to bash on this but I kinda wish someone would make an aftermarket cvt upgrade. Nothing crazy, just something that can hold around 240whp reliably. I know there are other cars out there that can be chosen but I just love the 10gen civic style so much. Just want more POWWWWAAAA without having to row my own gears while sitting in morning and afternoon traffic.

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I know people with manuals are going to bash on this but I kinda wish someone would make an aftermarket cvt upgrade. Nothing crazy, just something that can hold around 240whp reliably. I know there are other cars out there that can be chosen but I just love the 10gen civic style so much. Just want more POWWWWAAAA without having to row my own gears while sitting in morning and afternoon traffic.
Not likely to ever see a CVT upgrade. Especially now that the Si is out. Most of the guys into serious modding are jumping ship to manuals already, from what I've seen.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Very impressive Vit ;)
Sponsored