The Calm Before the Storm - An Si Timeline

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
November 15, 2016 - The prototype was revealed.
April 6, 2017 - The production version was revealed.
May 13, 2017 - The Si went on sale at US dealerships even though none were available to purchase.
May 22, 2017 - There are still no 2017 Civic Si at dealerships available for purchase, although there are VINs showing up on dealer websites indicating that the vehicles have been manufactured and either are or soon will be in transit to dealers.

It sure has been quiet around here this morning. Is this the calm before the storm? :cool:
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Pretty much ....it's going to happen soon;)
Honda Civic 10th gen The Calm Before the Storm - An Si Timeline shitfan1

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't think so. The Si is still underwhelming from what people have seen and no hatch is probably going to = lower sales of them. I know I for one do not like the current gen coupe styling and I don't want a sedan, therefore I have ordered a Sport manual hatch.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Don't think so. The Si is still underwhelming from what people have seen and no hatch is probably going to = lower sales of them. I know I for one do not like the current gen coupe styling and I don't want a sedan, therefore I have ordered a Sport manual hatch.
This was my issue, I like the trim of the SI better, but I like the Hatch better. I went with the Sport Manual and had it about a month and a half ago.

If they were going to make an SI Hatch I probably would have paid more and waited until the summer.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes! Enjoy the calm. It'll be a blast to drive knowing the vastly improved chassis. Rave reviews expected from looking at previous reviews on lower trims. Good times ahead. Have a blast with it if you're inline for one.

For the record, I love my EX-T sedan (bought used) after flashing the ECU; it'll be even better with the incoming chassis mods (strut bar & sway bar). The Si is a no-brainer for slightly more than the EXT. Being a cheapskate, I'll look for a used one in a couple of years if situation allows.

Have fun.

HondaSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Can't wait for pictures to start coming through. This is the only SI photo I have seen that wasn't of the red or blue ones that Honda has been showing. I found it on instagram, the profile said the guy worked for Car and Driver.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Calm Before the Storm - An Si Timeline IMG_3217.PNG

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
:drool::drool::spaz:

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Should be called Calm Before The Storm...The Complete Mishandling Of A Car...Ha
That's what it feels like. ;)

In reality, it's marketing psychology at its best - feed tidbits of information in a metered fashion to keep people talking, generate interest, and keep the momentum going. Honda knows exactly what they are doing. A few shoppers will give up and end up buying from the competition either because they are impatient or because they don't like what they've seen, but that's normal and expected. Even bad publicity is still publicity and draws attention to the brand.

Just look at what is going on. Most of us are starving for information - spending large amounts of time scouring the internet for news and tracking which dealer will get which models in which colors. Many of us are waving wads of cash at Honda just waiting on the Si we want to arrive so we can finally get behind the wheel.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
That's what it feels like. ;)

In reality, it's marketing psychology at its best - feed tidbits of information in a metered fashion to keep people talking, generate interest, and keep the momentum going. Honda knows exactly what they are doing. A few shoppers will give up and end up buying from the competition either because they are impatient or because they don't like what they've seen, but that's normal and expected. Even bad publicity is still publicity and draws attention to the brand.

Just look at what is going on. Most of us are starving for information - spending large amounts of time scouring the internet for news and tracking which dealer will get which models in which colors. Many of us are waving wads of cash at Honda just waiting on the Si we want to arrive so we can finally get behind the wheel.

Yep. Probably why multiple dealers think I'd be dumb enough to put down a 2k deposit just for 'information'.
Sponsored