Swapping Trunks

atwellb79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Si, 335xi
Country flag
If there isn't an option to build the type r without the spoiler. Do you think you will be able to swap with sport hatch?
Sponsored

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If there isn't an option to build the type r without the spoiler. Do you think you will be able to swap with sport hatch?
I don't see why you wouldn't, the hatch is a hatch, type r or not. If you get one of the ctr special colors it would probably require a paint job though.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Won't your back lift up and fly away at 60mph if you delete the wing...???

FurY

2 SOON JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 S2000 CR, 2011 Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't see why you wouldn't, the hatch is a hatch, type r or not. If you get one of the ctr special colors it would probably require a paint job though.
^^ This

To each their own, but that spoiler is an integral part of the aerodynamics and performance of this car, I don't know why you would want to remove it? If it's too ricey or too much for you, I'd say you're looking at purchasing the wrong car, that's what the CTR is all about.

OP
OP

atwellb79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Si, 335xi
Country flag
Don't delete the wing, its actually functional.
I get it guys, the wing is functional, if the .0001% chance I ever take it around the nurburgring or any other race track. I am sure the STI wing is functional also but why would they have an option to delete it now, because they realize some people think its an eyesore. For me the look with out the wing would 100% offset the loss in any aerodynamics. Just my opinion.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I get it guys, the wing is functional, if the .0001% chance I ever take it around the nurburgring or any other race track. I am sure the STI wing is functional also but why would they have an option to delete it now, because they realize some people think its an eyesore. For me the look with out the wing would 100% offset the loss in any aerodynamics. Just my opinion.
No CTR for you I say. :slap:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
This reminds me of guys complaining about when the 2004 STI came out with the biggest wing we have ever seen. People my age at least. If you don't like it, fine, rip it off. I'm just all about authenticity and function. If you seriously never plan to track this car, it forsure isn't for you. It will ride rough, it will want to be driven hard, it will be a drivers car.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
If you aren't tracking the car you will probably be suffering needlessly on the street. The Si will be ideal for the street if you aren't going 100%

That being said it is your choice in the end. If you want to go for it!

OP
OP

atwellb79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Si, 335xi
Country flag
If you aren't tracking the car you will probably be suffering needlessly on the street. The Si will be ideal for the street if you aren't going 100%

That being said it is your choice in the end. If you want to go for it!
I am 100% in on the Type R. Had an 06 Si for 7 years. Then needed to purchase a sedan (family) so I went with 2011 335xi, fun and much faster car but my Si was just more exciting to drive. New Si won't have enough power especially going from my 335.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
For high speed tracks, this wing is needed. If you wanna cruise the highway and don't mind subtle turbulence,remove the wing. Some Mitsu Evo guys have done that with positive results, MPG and less drag.

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
This is like taking an advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft and saying, "could you remove the canards, they look weird and I promise I will never go past Mach 1".