Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
On the heels of the first 2016 Civic sedan reviews, we now have a known features/options list for each trim.

For pricing information for each model, see Official 2016 Honda Civic Pricing (Invoice / Retail) revealed!

LX
model features:
  • 2.0L engine (158 hp / 138 lb-ft)
  • 5-inch central display screen
  • Automatic climate control
  • Electric parking brake
  • 160-watt audio system
  • Standard LED taillights
  • Daytime running lights and automatic headlights
  • Manual transmission (CVT for-cost option)

EX
model adds:
  • Everything from most basic LX model
  • Honda LaneWatch technology
  • CVT automatic
  • 60/40 split folding rear seat
  • Heated side mirrors
  • Moonroof
  • Remote engine start
  • 7” touchscreen display
  • 180 watt audio system
  • Apple CarPlay and Android auto

EX-T model adds (as standard):
  • Everything from in EX model
  • Upgraded 1.5L turbo engine (174 hp / 162 lb-ft)
  • 17” alloy wheels
  • Foglights
  • Heated front seats
  • Xm and HD radio
  • Dual-zone climate control

EX-L model adds (as standard):
  • Everything from EX-T model
  • Leather seats
  • 8-way power driver’s seat
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror

Touring model adds (as standard):
  • Everything from EX-L model
  • Integrated turn signals in the exterior mirrors
  • Rain-sensing wipers
  • LED headlights
  • Chrome door handles
  • Power passenger seat
  • Heated rear seats,
  • 450-watt audio system with 10 speakers
  • Standard Garmin navigation
  • Honda Sensing suite of safety technology
    • smart cruise control
    • lane departure warning
    • lane-keeping assist
    • road departure mitigation
    • forward collision warning
    • collision mitigation braking.
Sponsored

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Excellent. Very nice. Suddenly the $1200 price jump from EX to EX-T makes more sense.

The EX-T looks like the sweet spot for me. I like XM, appreciate that the turbo gets upgraded wheels and tires, dual zone is also a very nice plus, and fog lights look kinda cool and are sometimes helpful.

But the turbo is the big ticket item. The turbo not only has a lot more power but get the highest hwy mpg too.

Finally, the 2016 EX-T Civic is c. $3k less than the comparable Accord I'm also considering, which is the EX.

Last edited:

hittheskids

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Civic EX Sedan
EX-T+Sensing is surprisingly well equipped. I am/was considering the Touring but literally the only addition I really care about is the audio system, and I don't think I can justify +$3300 for better audio and all those other nice-to-have-at-best bits.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Where did this come from? I wasn't aware the touring had mirror signals either.

Nvm, saw the Forbes article. Looks great but as I said in the other thread, kinda let down on the turbo torque.

Last edited:

Ammo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion SEL
Disappointed in the torque for the 1.5L. Hopefully it still scoots!

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
DAMN!!! :mad: I really wanted the LED headlights too!! But I don't really want all the other stuff in the touring, except the stereo.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of the articles said the LED headlights would be optional equipment, so maybe they'll be available on lower trims for a price

Fun2Drive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic EX
Would have loved to see the following, below. Otherwise, everything else looks awesome and I'm looking forward to my first 1:1 with the car.

. Heated steering wheel
. Heated rear seats

EX model adds:
. Heated front seats

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would have loved to see the following, below. Otherwise, everything else looks awesome and I'm looking forward to my first 1:1 with the car.

. Heated steering wheel
. Heated rear seats

EX model adds:
. Heated front seats
The heated steering wheel is an odd thing to leave out... kia and hyundai offer it on their compacts... can't explain that... it has heated rear seats on touring though, and i believe the EX does in fact have Heated front seats (EX-T only maybe).

Fun2Drive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic EX
It's kinda funny having the moonroof, 7" touchscreen, LaneWatch and heated mirrors but no heated seats on the standard EX model. Seems like heated seats are standard LX model equipment, but who knows, maybe there's a very valid reason it's not there.

EX model adds:
  • CVT automatic
  • Heated side mirrors
  • Moonroof
  • Remote engine start
  • 7” touchscreen display
  • 180 watt audio system

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's kinda funny having the moonroof, 7" touchscreen, LaneWatch and heated mirrors but no heated seats on the standard EX model. Seems like heated seats are standard LX model equipment, but who knows, maybe there's a very valid reason it's not there.

EX model adds:
  • CVT automatic
  • Heated side mirrors
  • Moonroof
  • Remote engine start
  • 7” touchscreen display
  • 180 watt audio system
The LX doesn't have heated seats... i think basically the EX-T looks to replace the current EXL in terms of price point, while offering the same tech but without leather, which is why that's the trim i want. It is a bit odd the EX base doesn't have the heated front seats too, especially given that the base EX prices in lower than the current EX... you think they could have added that feature to it too and just kept the price closer to the current EX... oh well.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
One of the articles said the LED headlights would be optional equipment, so maybe they'll be available on lower trims for a price

I hope they are, and that they aren't a freaking fortune just to get what I want.

I'm sure if they sell as an accessory I could easily install myself and put my stockers on eBay.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I think when they mean 'optioned' they mean you have the choice to get the Touring model. Honda doesn't do single options unless it's a dealer installed accessory... I wouldn't count on it.

I'd probably get an EX-T or if I really wanted the headlights badly, a Touring... Gotta see how the equipment levels are in Canada though. Canadian Hondas are generally better equipped at a particular trim level than US ones. However, vehicles here are more expensive as well.

Example:
Si gets auto climate, heated seats and Navi standard but MSRP is around 26k compared to 22k in the US.
Heated seats are standard on ALL trims in Canada including the LX. We also get larger washer fluid reservoirs but no TPMS.

With the Accord we can get a I4 Touring with Manual transmission. Sport models come with sunroof, push start and 7 spk 360 watt audio that the American models don't have.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think when they mean 'optioned' they mean you have the choice to get the Touring model. Honda doesn't do single options unless it's a dealer installed accessory... I wouldn't count on it.

I'd probably get an EX-T or if I really wanted the headlights badly, a Touring... Gotta see how the equipment levels are in Canada though. Canadian Hondas are generally better equipped at a particular trim level than US ones. However, vehicles here are more expensive as well.

Example:
Si gets auto climate, heated seats and Navi standard but MSRP is around 26k compared to 22k in the US.
Heated seats are standard on ALL trims in Canada including the LX. We also get larger washer fluid reservoirs but no TPMS.

With the Accord we can get a I4 Touring with Manual transmission. Sport models come with sunroof, push start and 7 spk 360 watt audio that the American models don't have.
I wonder if the fact that the civic is so well equipped now and the fact its a global platform if that'll change anything with how they're packaged in different areas... i can't see them taking away features you already have... but i'm not sure i see them adding a ton of features for your cars either this time around... canadian prices are insane though, one of the few good things about the US...
Sponsored