Successful Dealer fixes of the infamous subwoofer rattle in west end GTA

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
Looks like my wife's 16 Touring has the subwoofer rattle that so many Civic Touring owners have been complaining about.

Has anyone had any luck getting to dealer to correct the problem as opposed to simply telling you to turn down the subwoofer?

We're out in the Hamilton area.
Sponsored

swapnilshah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring CBP
I went and put a sock inbetween my back windshield and the light and that seemed to temporarily fix the problem until then. Maybe you could try that in the mean time?

OP
OP

nielboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 BMW 435i X-Drive
Country flag
Well, we had the Civic into the dealer & they fixed it to about 90% of where it should be...which is a whole lot better than how it first sounded.

There is some form of technical service bulletin on this issue, because they received info on what to do from Honda Canada.

They told me they couldn't tell me anything about the service bulletin from Honda Canada though....whatever.

Funny thing is they gave me one of the managers cars to drive while they had my wife's car & it's subwoofer was awesome with all of the settings both on the sub & the bass almost maxed out. The managers Civic was built in November 2015, while my wife's Civic was built in January 2016.

While fixing it, they checked out another manager's demo & found it was worse than my wife's Civic.....so it's really luck of the draw if you get a good subwoofer setup or not.

tennis12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Well, we had the Civic into the dealer & they fixed it to about 90% of where it should be...which is a whole lot better than how it first sounded.

There is some form of technical service bulletin on this issue, because they received info on what to do from Honda Canada.

They told me they couldn't tell me anything about the service bulletin from Honda Canada though....whatever.

Funny thing is they gave me one of the managers cars to drive while they had my wife's car & it's subwoofer was awesome with all of the settings both on the sub & the bass almost maxed out. The managers Civic was built in November 2015, while my wife's Civic was built in January 2016.

While fixing it, they checked out another manager's demo & found it was worse than my wife's Civic.....so it's really luck of the draw if you get a good subwoofer setup or not.
Getting mine fixed tommorow wasted 300 on dynamat did nothing lol how did they make it better what did they put in foam in brake light? They do have a tsb for the rattle now ??

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Can you post some pics of the sub woofer after the fix please. My dealer did some kind of padding and it was good till last week and now couple of small pieces fell down. THanks

E="nielboy, post: 59716, member: 3648"]Well, we had the Civic into the dealer & they fixed it to about 90% of where it should be...which is a whole lot better than how it first sounded.

While fixing it, they checked out another manager's demo & found it was worse than my wife's Civic.....so it's really luck of the draw if you get a good subwoofer setup or not.[/QUOTE]

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring

Can you post some pics of the sub woofer after the fix please. My dealer did some kind of padding and it was good till last week and now couple of small pieces fell down. THanks

tennis12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
HI
which dealership are yo going to? thanks
I have stopped obsessing about it lol wish I didn't spend 300 wish I could take it back but what can you do I can clearly hear the buzzing from the 3rd brake light in trunk and the plastic hitting the window in back seat
Getting them to look at my popping noise to I'll tell them you got a new amp and screen from Brampton so they can call them if they need to ask lol

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
I will get it in next month june 2 week and they are replacing it as i also have screen flickering and loud popping noise coming from my radio and also no sound issue as well ....lol

tennis12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I will get it in next month june 2 week and they are replacing it as i also have screen flickering and loud popping noise coming from my radio and also no sound issue as well ....lol
Yeah sucks this is my second car wish it just worked haha
Is this your first car ?
The popping noise sounds like the dashboard

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Yeah sucks this is my second car wish it just worked haha
Is this your first car ?
The popping noise sounds like the dashboard
This is my first new car... I had three cars before it but i bought those used ones. But there is a thread on forum for the loud popping noise issue. And some videos as well. I had that loud bang bang sound coming from the speakers even if you turn down the volume to zero.

tennis12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This is my first new car... I had three cars before it but i bought those used ones. But there is a thread on forum for the loud popping noise issue. And some videos as well. I had that loud bang bang sound coming from the speakers even if you turn down the volume to zero.
Yeah it happens from time to time not sure why has to be a reason have you noticed the sub rattle sounds worse when it's colder out and cloudy seem like the sun warms it up and it sounds better when it's hot out