Submit Your Questions For Today's Civic Si Reveal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Holy crap, was that anti-climactic.

All we got was confirmation of the 1.5. Is anybody actually able to get the answers to the questions we put here, or are they going to brush them all off?

No kidding, Sage Marie looked really uncomfortable up there too, or maybe he was lacking the enthusiasm like in the previous reveals.
Sponsored

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
No kidding, Sage Marie looked really uncomfortable up there too, or maybe he was lacking the enthusiasm like in the previous reveals.
He said that some questioned will be answered but not all until next year so they are still teasing the crap out of us!

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Only question I have, is what is the point of these "reveals" if all they do is give us more questions? Besides the engine spec, no other information was given, as in "when" next year will they sell it, how much hp and torque, which models get an SI, etc... No information given, just more questions raised. Great job Honda. If you weren't ready, then don't "reveal" it till you can answer questions. Simple.
He they will reveal only a few answers not all until the official press conference next year. what a tease!

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Wheel and tire are spinning counter clockwise. As a result, smoke is blowing to the right side. This is clearly the rear tire? The rear bumper is displayed too.

honda.PNG
Yeah, you're right - if the karate and woman covered in talcum powder wasn't enough, we've got a magically-spinning rear wheel on a car we know is FWD only.

W.

T.

F.

2018 type r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex hatchback, 2016 jeep renegade trailhawk 4x4
Where did you get that number?
DID you watch the Video? those back tires are spinning?!?!?!?
yes he is right the new si will be rwd watch the video vary slowly start @5:25 and pause look at the top right corner of the video you can clearly tell that is the back bumper with the rear wheels spinning

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes he is right the new si will be rwd watch the video vary slowly start @5:25 and pause look at the top right corner of the video you can clearly tell that is the back bumper with the rear wheels spinning
Yes, through the magic of CGI and/or oddly-conceived special effects, the video shows a FWD car with a spinning rear wheel.

The Si is not RWD, regardless of what that video shows.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The Car and Driver article says it's 6MT only and no CVT so fuck you bitches on that front too!

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
He said that some questioned will be answered but not all until next year so they are still teasing the crap out of us!
This tells me they are either slightly behind schedule (and trying to mask that fact) or realized before the release that enthusiasts will be largely disappointed. Hoping it's the former.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
I just don't understand Hondas PR team? Why… Why would you show the rear wheel spinning on the front wheel drive car? Do they think we're stupid? As if we wouldn't notice?

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Question: For how long does Honda intend to fall in last place for most catagories with the competition in the sport compact segment?

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
This tells me they are either slightly behind schedule (and trying to mask that fact) or realized before the release that enthusiasts will be largely disappointed. Hoping it's the former.
You're probably right, I'm pretty sure I remember John Mendel stating the Si would come before the Type R, based on what we're seeing I wouldn't be surprised at this point to see the Si released at the same time or maybe even after the type R.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're probably right, I'm pretty sure I remember John Mendel stating the Si would come before the Type R, based on what we're seeing I wouldn't be surprised at this point to see the Si released at the same time or maybe even after the type R.
I think they're behind schedule - and that the hatch was supposed to be on lots by June and the Si was supposed to be out before the end of the year.

I feel confident that I'll be driving my Si sedan by the middle of March.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.