Submit Your Questions For Today's Civic Si Reveal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
DID you watch the Video? those back tires are spinning?!?!?!?
that rear spoiler looks horrible. Looks like they took the front end off the hatch, put it on a coupe and added some gawdy spoiler and called it a day.
The front and rear bumper covers are the worst part of the hatch. Why graft on those silly honeycomb inserts to the SI? Patoooie.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The adaptive steering and suspension has me interested. But I think this confirms the Si should have no more than 220-230 HP.

martgsr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3 / evo X totaled / Time attack integra Type R
Yea i saw in the video the rear wheel were spinning ... but it`s a fake ... forget a rwd civic ...
I guess it will be a 218 hp SI (most powerful SI ever ... yeah right)

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Those were clearly the front tires.

EDIT - more accurately, that was clearly a front tire.
Seriously watch it again. I watched 5 times and match the lines of the car and those rear tires are spinning and awd back tires don't spin like that I really don't that that its FWD!

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I sit corrected - you are right, that is a rear wheel spinning. WtF is Honda doing? We know it's fwd, and we've got underbody video to prove it. Why create such a misleading video?

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Only question I have, is what is the point of these "reveals" if all they do is give us more questions? Besides the engine spec, no other information was given, as in "when" next year will they sell it, how much hp and torque, which models get an SI, etc... No information given, just more questions raised. Great job Honda. If you weren't ready, then don't "reveal" it till you can answer questions. Simple.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Well, the legacy of Honda being dominated in the classes it peddles "sport" versions continues.

Doesn't stand a chance against Focus ST, GTI, Fiesta ST....hell may not even stand a chance against the Fiesta ST or upcoming Hyundai sport compacts.

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
Seriously watch it again. I watched 5 times and match the lines of the car and those rear tires are spinning and awd back tires don't spin like that I really don't that that its FWD!
The closest to RWD you'll ever get in a Civic is to drive it in reverse. Never going to happen.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I sit corrected - you are right, that is a rear wheel spinning. WtF is Honda doing? We know it's fwd, and we've got underbody video to prove it. Why create such a misleading video?
I am speechless... Most people buy a car like a civic so they can get to work in a foot of snow and if just the back wheels are spinning yes it will be better then a big mustang or Camaro but AWD should of been an option unless they are showing that it is 4wd meaning you can drive it rear and hit a button then its awd and they knew us crazy fools will throw a fit until we know?!

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Wheel and tire are spinning counter clockwise. As a result, smoke is blowing to the right side. This is clearly the rear tire? The rear bumper is displayed too.

honda.PNG

Thank you for that some people need to see WTF?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.