Street Racing upgrades

Brony2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Accord EX Sedan
Country flag
So I'm getting a new 2017 Civic sedan EX-T manual transmission in a month or so, and I'm curious which upgrades I should do right out of the gate. All I have so far is a cold air intake and new rims and tires. Now, this car will be my daily driver and I plan on owning it for 10 years, but I still want to have fun with it. I'm never going to go to a race track, but I enjoy street racing and especially being first at a red light. Lol, thanks guys.
Sponsored

Enly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z
Hi, don't even own the car yet but i've been lurking around here for weeks and from what I can gather the number 1 mod you can do is a custom tune/flashpro. Everything from that point on is secondary to the power increase from a tune.

I had my mind set on getting a CAI and some pipes for the exhaust, now though i've come to the conclusion that a tune is more than enough - atleast until we can get some turbo upgrades / proof of some mods that make a noticeable difference.

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I'm getting a new 2017 Civic sedan EX-T manual transmission in a month or so, and I'm curious which upgrades I should do right out of the gate...
... the number 1 mod you can do is a custom tune/flashpro. Everything from that point on is secondary to the power increase from a tune...
Yep, you can max out your clutch with only a tune, factory airbox even. After that the turbo is our bottleneck. Get flashpro or Ktuner, then wait for a clutch and turbo upgrade before wasting money on any other parts. I wanted a full exhaust but it's useless before a bigger turbo.

As a side note, maybe change the thread to performance upgrades. Pretty sure there's a rule against discussing illegal shit.

Enly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z
Yep, you can max out your clutch with only a tune,
Though the cars Vit has worked with, even the CVT, are tuned as to not blow up your clutch or whatnot. So it seems to be the most power rewarding + safest way of enhancing your car.

And just wait until there's a way to fix the rev hang and every civic owner will be happy and pleased.

Also I too thought about buying this car, thinking it's something I wanted to keep 7 years +. Though from everything I read it seems like a somewhat glitchy car in every aspect, all the infontainment tools not working correctly etc. Decided to lease it instead for 3 years and if it's still running smoothly by the end of it i'll just purchase it. I also have some high hopes that the next civic gen will be cured of all the small problems that seem to haunt this one.
Sponsored