Stock Civic X Tuning Results -- 87 oct and high octane

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
The factory clutch/flywheel/pressure plate assembly weighs 50lbs. For anyone that is curious.
Sponsored

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
The factory clutch/flywheel/pressure plate assembly weighs 50lbs. For anyone that is curious.
Wasn't curious at all... But I like where this is going I think...

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Lol! Were is this going? Someone hasnt made one have they? I think im gonna hold off on ktuner/flashpro until a clutch is available

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Lol! Were is this going? Someone hasnt made one have they? I think im gonna hold off on ktuner/flashpro until a clutch is available
We can tune the cars under the limits of the clutch for now, it's not a huge deal.

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
What are the gains with a custom tune from you over the +6 Injen SRI FlashPro base map tune if you have a CVT?? Come on VitViper give us CVT owners something
If you want a custom tune I'm happy to help. The CVT is hard to dyno as the ECU can and will run different boost curves, different throttle positions, etc, even between runs -- especially on FlashPro with the OEM protections/limitations Hondata has left in and doesn't allow us to change at this time. That said there is still some room for improvement to the fuel/timing curves, especially if you have better fuel (done a few 93 octane CVT cars now).

If you want to see what the car can really do, I prefer to do the custom tunes on KTuner right now as I can set the car up either with all the factory protections, some protections, or run it wide open with conservative boost/timing settings -- totally configurable for me right now. I have @SilverGhost running wide open at 20psi on 91 octane without any problems and he's enjoying it.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want a custom tune I'm happy to help. The CVT is hard to dyno as the ECU can and will run different boost curves, different throttle positions, etc, even between runs -- especially on FlashPro with the OEM protections/limitations Hondata has left in and doesn't allow us to change at this time. That said there is still some room for improvement to the fuel/timing curves, especially if you have better fuel (done a few 93 octane CVT cars now).

If you want to see what the car can really do, I prefer to do the custom tunes on KTuner right now as I can set the car up either with all the factory protections, some protections, or run it wide open with conservative boost/timing settings -- totally configurable for me right now. I have @SilverGhost running wide open at 20psi on 91 octane without any problems and he's enjoying it.
im so close, will purchase soon after I pay taxes!

V1 or V2 decisions decisions

Enly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z

This might be a noob question but would you be able to do a custom tune for someone living in Europe?

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase

Night and day between the two.More power and such a joy to drive I'm beside myself with pleasure.Car also idles so smooth can't tell it's even running. Thanks VitViper :nixon:
:drive:
StAyToOnEd

Last edited:

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag

What kind of performance numbers would we be talking about. 0-60, 1/4 mile, trap?

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

If you want to see what the car can really do, I prefer to do the custom tunes on KTuner right now as I can set the car up either with all the factory protections, some protections, or run it wide open with conservative boost/timing settings -- totally configurable for me right now. I have
[QUOTE="VitViper, post: 152238, member: 102"]If you want a custom tune I'm happy to help. The CVT is hard to dyno as the ECU can and will run different boost curves, different throttle positions, etc, even between runs -- especially on FlashPro with the OEM protections/limitations Hondata has left in and doesn't allow us to change at this time. That said there is still some room for improvement to the fuel/timing curves, especially if you have better fuel (done a few 93 octane CVT cars now).

If you want to see what the car can really do, I prefer to do the custom tunes on KTuner right now as I can set the car up either with all the factory protections, some protections, or run it wide open with conservative boost/timing settings -- totally configurable for me right now. I have [USER=8022]@SilverGhost
running wide open at 20psi on 91 octane without any problems and he's enjoying it.
Thank you VitViper for the update on what you have discovered on the CVT. I know this clears things up for me and other CVT owners.. Thanks again[/USER][/QUOTE]

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
What kind of performance numbers would we be talking about. 0-60, 1/4 mile, trap?
Go to the track, run the car stock. Tune it, run it again. See what you can do. See how you can improve. No one can tell you the track times for your car and your driving. Driver is arguably more important than the car at times, yes even on an auto/cvt.