Stock Civic X Tuning Results -- 87 oct and high octane

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
What do you think the CVT will rate HP TQ wise at the wheels after your magic is applied.^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The CVT can't take the torque this motor can make.
Sponsored

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
How well is it holding boost past 5300 RPMs?
Power holds to about 6k. I let off since there was no need to go that fast when I was just testing mid range boost increase.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Before I make this post, I'm not hating on cvt but clearly M/T is the superior on the 1.5t as far as using flashpro and bolt ons. So if you really wanna get the most out of this platform you'll need a 6 speed! :p:D:yes:

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Before I make this post, I'm not hating on cvt but clearly M/T is the superior on the 1.5t as far as using flashpro and bolt ons. So if you really wanna get the most out of this platform you'll need a 6 speed! :p:D:yes:
So true I couldn't find a MT anywhere in Iowa.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I posted a 25-100 accel video on my instagram (@VitViper).
Hey Vit, I see Boomba coming out with a bolt on blow off valve, and people using the HKS one as well. Is this ok for our cars if we have a flashpro and tune for it, or would you stay away from BOV's on this civic setup?

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Has someone damaged a transmission already? I was considering a flash bone stock.... But I had to get a CVT
As far as I know no CVT has failed yet.But I wouldn't be at all surprised if a tuner dialed up the 1.5 to its max power and it toasted a CVT.Thats my take on it maybe not others.Maybe Vit will chime in on this question as he's more qualified than I am.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
One of the crazy guys in Thailand has his boosted and said if the cvt gets too hot it will go into limp mode for 5 mins until it cools down. So it has an overheat fail safe at least. Not saying this will save it by any means..

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
One of the crazy guys in Thailand has his boosted and said if the cvt gets too hot it will go into limp mode for 5 mins until it cools down. So it has an overheat fail safe at least. Not saying this will save it by any means..
That won't save the trans. That's just a protect to keep it from getting hot -- not from breaking parts from too much power.

Hey Vit, I see Boomba coming out with a bolt on blow off valve, and people using the HKS one as well. Is this ok for our cars if we have a flashpro and tune for it, or would you stay away from BOV's on this civic setup?
VTA Blow offs on a mass air car are a no-no. If you want more noise, they typically do make recirc valves that are cooler sounding than stock.

Has someone damaged a transmission already? I was considering a flash bone stock.... But I had to get a CVT
Not that I know of -- tuning just came out. Anyone going super aggressive with the CVT is asking for trouble though. I very much doubt that tranny can handle ~300tq.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That won't save the trans. That's just a protect to keep it from getting hot -- not from breaking parts from too much power.

VTA Blow offs on a mass air car are a no-no. If you want more noise, they typically do make recirc valves that are cooler sounding than stock.

Not that I know of -- tuning just came out. Anyone going super aggressive with the CVT is asking for trouble though. I very much doubt that tranny can handle ~300tq.

Thanks sir. And so the hunt begins for a recirc valve that sounds cool :)

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'd be tickled pink if I could just get 30-40 extra TQ out of my CVT. Not looking to break records, just want it to be a little quicker and have better throttle response.

I've been down the rabbit hole too many times, spent countless thousands chasing an ET or trap. I'm ready to just live with stock + tune.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any performance cvt fluids we can try? Obviously after warranty because Honda would have no part in us using a different fluid..

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I'd be tickled pink if I could just get 30-40 extra TQ out of my CVT. Not looking to break records, just want it to be a little quicker and have better throttle response.

I've been down the rabbit hole too many times, spent countless thousands chasing an ET or trap. I'm ready to just live with stock + tune.
Everyone has their own goals :thumbsup:
Sponsored