mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I found that the stereo system of our SI is not too good.
Not sure if you guys have the same feelings.
Sponsored

polished1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Country flag
Jack up the settings and it's ok. It's not after market bass good but it shakes my drivers side mirror pretty good.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
I found that the stereo system of our SI is not too good.
Not sure if you guys have the same feelings.
Not so good in what way ? Sound or function wise ?
Function wise it is kind of slow but not so bad. Kinda hard to find what you are looking for at first.
Sound wise I'm not sure what you were expecting from a sub 30k(Canadian) car .
It's not the Harman Kardon I had in the WRX but it's pretty good for what it is. Way better than the one in the 9th SI for instance.
I wouldn't say it's the best I've heard for the price doh. Mazda 3 Bose system for instance is very nice.

Overall I find it adequate and don't mind it at all.

For reference I am not a bass head. I like high fidelity. I am a self-proclaimed audiophile. lol
But for casual listening I don't think I am the most critical.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Best damn stereo I've heard in a car that retails under $25k. You should probably align your expectations with real world metrics
An excellent point that applies to many aspects of this car.

For a brand new car that retails for $25K and can be purchased for $23K or less, it's an outstanding value - especially in terms of ride, handling, features, engineering, and efficiency.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I think it's ok. I plan to upgrade the speakers at some point. It'll be one of my last mods.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
The 10 speaker system in my EX-T is amazing compared to what i've dealt with in the BRZ, Mini, and my 2008 Civic(That stereo was terrible). It was one of the first things I noticed jumping into the car. I had an aftermarket sub in the old whip. Don't need it in the EX-T. Everything is evenly distributed sound wise and there's no rattles from what I can tell. For 21k i'd say this is pretty damn good.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I replaced my speakers and wired in an amp in my 2013 Accord Sport. I had Polk dB 6.5 components in the front, and Polk dB coaxes in the back, all wired to a Soundstream 55x4 RMS amp. I had the factory speaker inputs go into a LOC, and then to the amp. It sounded really good. Coming from that to the Si, it is definitely not as solid, but I didn't expect it to. No mass produced car is going to have the same quality as aftermarket products focused specifically to car audio. That being said, the factory system isn't bad. It is well rounded. If you want ground shaking bass, or ear splintering high's, you will have to have a separate amp and upgraded speakers and sub. No way around it. but for 95% of the population, the factory system works just fine.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
When I was in my teens and 20s, I put powerful amps and big subwoofers in my vehicles and I wanted everyone outside my vehicle to know what I had done. In my 30s, I began to appreciate quality over quantity. Now, I'm more focused on driving, conversing with a passenger, planning my next move once I get to my destination, or listening to the mechanical sounds of the vehicle itself to deal with the distraction of loud music. As such, most of my listening is now at 25% or less of maximum volume as opposed to 50-75% - mostly just "background music". However, I'm not opposed to cranking it up for a few minutes when a good song comes on, but I'm just as eager to enjoy the peace and quiet after the song has ended. :)

I find the Civic Si's audio system to sound very crisp, clear, and accurate for a factory system in a lower-end vehicle. I'd like more bass, but not so much that I'm willing to sacrifice trunk volume or replace factory components to get it.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Turn the DTS Neural sound setting off when playing music. Should be more “thumpier”

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
I don't even listen to music when I drive so I couldn't give a shit. lol

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
Country flag
I got mine in july....1 month later, i changed the 2 front component and 2 rear component. Bought some Hertz speakers on Amazon for 110 each set the difference is amazing.

2wks later i had them install a 99 dollar alpine sub amp and now its so much better.

Yea, i spent another 250 to install all 3 parts, but i so recommend it.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
i find so many songs that make the interior panels shake and it drives me absolutely insane
Sponsored