my '17 EX-T sedan 6MT build (NEW VIDEOS) intake, rims, 50-100

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
alright, well I recently purchased a 17 EX-T sedan (actually was buying my wife a 16 CRV on the year end clearance sale and saw this 6MT sitting there and I know they aren't usually just sitting on the lot and took it as a sign since it was even the right body and right color combo so I jumped on it before anybody else could)

I am also starting a youtube channel on the car, and will attempt to give proof in the form of dyno numbers and 1/4 mile times as to what certain mods/tunes will do for this car. the youtube name is caraddict and I will be uploading videos as I do the mods so you can see for yourselves what each mod will do. If you want to keep track here is the link to the channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCunMd_Vy0L4qcg1oGMHGEXw

I have so far only swapped out the interior bulbs for LEDs and ordered clear protection film for the front end.

plans for the car are (in somewhat of a planned chronological order but its definitely open to change)

*CAI, possibly INJEN but also looking at this AF Design job on ebay, intake is one of those things I have a hard time paying so much money for when its essentially a tube with an air filter. and now that there has to be a MAF mount in the pipe I think the days of 25 dollar ebay intake and just getting a better filter are over. the mishimoto looks pretty nice but again seems like too much $$ to me to have what seems kind of like a stock airbox with no lid and a different intake tube...

*undecided between flashpro and ktuner, would be cool if the ktuner v2 works for the 17 1.5T but their site doesn't seem to say so

am going to get a stock dyno pull and stock 1/4 mile run when the track opens up in March. might not go back after just the intake since injen and mishioto already post their own dynos on their products, maybe just a track run to see what I can actually do with that power before I get the tune.

* as(if) they become available or more options become available I plan on downpipe (heard rumor of one), exhaust, charge pipe, FMIC, etc... I also installed methanol injection on my last car (335i) and loved being able to crank the boost/timing and not worry about bad fuel/high temps (used it mainly for cooling, not octane, ran 75% WW fluid w/ meth and 25% distilled alcohol) I am going to attempt to make something quickly removable that mounts under the hood with a small 1/2 gallon tank, small 120psi pump, 2gph devils own nozzle, pressure switch, and generic solenoid. I think I can make the whole thing for under 200 bucks and hope to try and mount it to the firewall since there is a TON of room behind the motor. my mix isnt very flammable so I dont think the exhaust way down by the crossmember will cause me problems. I just need to figure where/how I will mount the nozzle and make sure the whole setup is easily removed since I have 3 years free maintenance as well as any possible recall/warranty work I may need.

*cosmetically nothing crazy just something along the lines of a prokit or h tech spring that slightly drops it, maybe some 18s and put the 17s on the CRV to get rid of the steel 16s on it now. ( I think offset will work), smoked lights, LED/HID bulb swaps, etc...

anyways here's a teaser vid of 0-60 stock... I know... I left TC on

and another showing how to replace the interior bulbs with LEDs (this one is the CRV but lights are similar and I will swap videos when I upload the civics)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
well hopefully I talked somebody in the US in to making some catless DPs for these things, so I'll hopefully be able to pick one up before summer anyways, as 430 bucks to ship one from malaysia is too steep for me at this time. going to order the ktuner soon so I can log during my baseline dyno pull, I think I found a place local that doesn't cost too much to just pop in and do a couple pulls w/o any tuning being done.

also bought some of the cheap mug gaurds from amazon that Im going to get on this weekend, I held both drivers side front and rear up and they seem to follow the body perfectly and the mounting holes look like they line up. if they do indeed fit like I think they will I will post a link to which ones I picked up.

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
intake sounds -

new wheels -

brake pedal height adjusted -

grocery hook installed -

economy mode tested -

50-100 fwy pull -

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Used to drive it to work down there every day but putting too many miles on it so I went back to the beater.

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have a 16 crv the wife drives. Had a 13 accord before this civic. Finally got sick enough of the cvt to take the loss and saw the civic when I got her the crv and picked it up, think it was the only 6MT in 200 miles any direction when I got it.

jaserjaser

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic EX-T , 2016 honda accord v6 touring
Country flag
well you might have been the 1st .. the sales manager said there was only 3 in the pnw (4/9) but i when on cars.com today and found 3 more in washington

OP
OP
maddmatt02

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Started somewhat strong but ran out of money to go any further for a while.

Led everywhere inside and fogs.
Hids
Smoked side markers
CAI
Ktuner/custom
18x8/245s
Small sub setup waiting to go in
Next was tint and dropping it but I gotta stop for a bit.
Sponsored