Sprinkle a little special sauce on it... and it makes power.

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Are those numbers also valid for CVT cars? Also, how much more is it to tune for E85 if we already have your 93 octane tune?

Also do you agree with pouring in some marvel mystery oil or TCW3 2 cycle engine oil in with the gas to combat corrosion and lubricate the D/I pump?
HP figures, yes. Torque we have to be careful with.

Part of the reason I recommend the blend is you don't have to worry about the additional maintenance -- there's not enough ethanol to worry about accelerated oil contamination (take a sniff of the oil on an E85 car after 1000 miles...) or D/I pump lubrication.
Sponsored

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I was running 22 before the e85 blend. Im up to 24.5-25.5 now. My e85 was $1.41 the other day.
Yea, I live in a expensive area. Loundoun County countries #1 most wealthy county therefore they assume everyone is rich lol. I have to drive to the "ghetto" i.e Manassas to get E85 at 2.06 or fuel for cheap lol

I was up to 24 PSI on 93 octane shell 93 nitro +
I pay 3.69 for :doh:

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Dang @VitViper , this is the best R&D + write-up on the 10th gen!!! As soon as we finish the 93 tune I'm going to give this a try!!:flame:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
We've been using various ethanol blends since December 2016. On ~93 octane we were around 235-240whp or so. Various ethanol based fuels are good for another 20-40whp over premium grade fuels (quality of premium grade fuels will vary --- 91 octane with E10 is better than 93 octane with no ethanol).

Keep in mind our car was also virtually bone stock during testing (threw on PRL DP on the Si since we had it -- initial testing on EX-T was done using just better fuel, no mods).
That's awesome. I'm planning on eventually doing an e-Tune with you once I've collected all of my bolt-ons. Any other major ones to target besides the PRL mods (FP, DP, intake, FMIC)? Do you have an estimate of how much power to expect on 93 with full bolt ons and an e-Tune?

Exciting times!

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Waited months for Ktuner V2

Vit ships it, arrives super fast to Canada

Gets stuck in custom for almost 2 weeks, still stuck but yet I already ordered E85 hoping it would have arrived by now lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Sprinkle a little special sauce on it... and it makes power. latest?cb=20130828184112

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Gets stuck in custom for almost 2 weeks, still stuck but yet I already ordered E85 hoping it would have arrived by now lol

latest?cb=20130828184112.png
damn, does it say why customs held it? I shipped a FlashPro to Canada that went right through.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

latest?cb=20130828184112.png
Some get right through, some get stuck. Same device, packaging, etc. :(

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some get right through, some get stuck. Same device, packaging, etc. :(
must be that random search like when humans cross the border. Sometime they check the luggage, sometimes you walk right through :dunno:

HybRed SI

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@VitViper how do you feel about tuning a water/meth setup on this platform? In Canada since we don't have E85 at the pumps my only real option would be C85 and I'm looking at $100/5gal which isn't the most cost effective solution. I was wondering if it would be possible to enable a map switch or something as a failsafe if something were to happen with the system

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
@VitViper how do you feel about tuning a water/meth setup on this platform? In Canada since we don't have E85 at the pumps my only real option would be C85 and I'm looking at $100/5gal which isn't the most cost effective solution. I was wondering if it would be possible to enable a map switch or something as a failsafe if something were to happen with the system
My friend was telling me about water/meth setup as well!

OP
OP

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
We can do water/meth too, but there is no way to do a failsafe. The meth stops, so does your motor (probably)

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
We can do water/meth too, but there is no way to do a failsafe. The meth stops, so does your motor (probably)
Have to go motec plug-in at that point.
Sponsored