Sports Touring Hatch Vs Sports Hatch Torque difference

Joshluvsla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sports Touring Hatchback
I was wondering if anyone knows why the 2017 Civic Sports touring hatchback has less torque (162) vs the sport (177) I know mechanicly the ST has a cvt and the sport has a manual transmission however they both have an upgraded exhaust increasing their Horsepower to 180 but why difference in torque specs?
Thank you.
Sponsored

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Maybe for durability of the CVT. The Sport Touring manual has 177 lb-ft like the Sport manual does.

Last edited:

bombarde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Maybe for durability of the CVT. The Sport Touring manual has 177 lb-ft like the Sport manual does.
There is no Sport Touring Manual option - all STs have CVTs. I have no idea why the torque's different and the hp isn't. I believe the top gear ratios are different in that the cvt ST is running at lower rpm at highway speeds. But I don't think they're measuring torque at the wheels, so that doesn't explain it.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
The Canadian ST has a manual option. It's torque is speced over a broader rpm range than the 6MT:

177 @ 1900-5000 (MT) / 162 @ 1700-5500 (CVT)

Last edited:

10thGenSteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CIvic Hatchback Sport 2017
There is no Sport Touring Manual option - all STs have CVTs. I have no idea why the torque's different and the hp isn't. I believe the top gear ratios are different in that the cvt ST is running at lower rpm at highway speeds. But I don't think they're measuring torque at the wheels, so that doesn't explain it.
In Canada you can get the Sport Touring in a manual.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We can only wish for manual ST's down here. Sport does come with a CVT as well though.
Sponsored