Sport Touring HB Trunk Tray

vanscamps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Picked up HB yesterday, touring model. Deal included the protection package with weather mats and trunk tray. The touring having the woofer, the tray doesn't sit properly as the woofer takes up a few inches of that footprint. I am surprised there isn't a different trunk tray for the touring. Dealer said there isn't. I think we might just trim / cut it down to fit properly. Anyone else run into this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
vanscamps

vanscamps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I did was fold over that right edge onto itself and it worked out fine. No cuttinf necessary.
IMG_1781.JPG
Tried folding it. I think I'm still going to carefully cut it. Theres a seam that that will be easy to follow.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember I first got it, I was like WTF is this? I didn't even bother asking and just folded it because I'm not going to return it since this was included in the deal. Frankly, I don't even know what to exchange it for.

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up trimming the extra off the tray. It was extremely easy to do. Knife cuts through the plastic extremely easily, and the ridge along the edge makes a perfect guide.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport Touring HB Trunk Tray 2r5guol

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport Touring HB Trunk Tray 24ymkg7

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Picked up HB yesterday, touring model. Deal included the protection package with weather mats and trunk tray. The touring having the woofer, the tray doesn't sit properly as the woofer takes up a few inches of that footprint. I am surprised there isn't a different trunk tray for the touring. Dealer said there isn't. I think we might just trim / cut it down to fit properly. Anyone else run into this?
Yes, i ran into the same situation. I bought two 2017 Civic's one EX and one Sport Touring. Didn't make sense the trunk tray fit the EX but not the Sport Touring. When I took it back to the dealership to install Wireless charger, They just had to trim off the section by the Sub Woofer. Who knew...

OnceYouGoJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the trunk liner (dealer throw in) that covers the backs of the back seats and walls of the trunk and has a fold-out section for loading and unloading. It's thick enough that nothing will scratch the interior of the trunk, but not like a rubber mat.

I tried to buy the mat, too, but when we tried to fit it, that nub got in the way and I told them no go.

The liner has snaps to secure it in the trunk and I was worried about having the trunk mat cover them and be unable to fasten the liner in.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport Touring HB Trunk Tray IMG_20170216_143303

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
There is a Sport-specific cargo tray. Part #08U45-TGG-100A, whereas the non-Sport tray is part #08U45-TGG-100. The rear area is a little higher in the Sport models due to the center exhaust. It is available online, for example http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08U45-TGG-100A.html (I am not affiliated with them)

dabx5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
There is a Sport-specific cargo tray. Part #08U45-TGG-100A, whereas the non-Sport tray is part #08U45-TGG-100. The rear area is a little higher in the Sport models due to the center exhaust. It is available online, for example http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08U45-TGG-100A.html (I am not affiliated with them)

I had my dealer get the TGG-100A model Trunk tray and put it in the Civic Sport Touring and it makes no difference...

The TGG-100A has additional slots in the back of the tray to be able to get to the latch points inside the rear panel but it is still to wide because Honda haven't taken into account the space that the Subwoofer takes up in the back right corner of the Trunk which makes the Trunk tray Not Fit...

My dealer is raising the to Honda Corporate and I have also raised a ticket with them on this problem..

Anyone else found any other solution..

Cheers D.

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just cut it, it's that simple. Takes literally 30 seconds at most.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
The installation instructions say to trim it for the Sport Touring model.

dabx5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
The installation instructions say to trim it for the Sport Touring model.
Where are those installation instructions..? Never seen them as the mat was in the car when we picked it up.. can someone past the photo plz..

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where are those installation instructions..? Never seen them as the mat was in the car when we picked it up.. can someone past the photo plz..
If you go to the "Maintenance and Service" forum, you will find a sticky thread with installation instructions for Honda accessories. There is a link for the 2017 cars near the end of that thread.

Here is the instructions for the cargo liner. Basically, it says what I said: Just cut the thing.

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/AH/AII03668-46/enu/AII03668-46.pdf
Sponsored