Sport Touring hatchbacks arrive

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well it better pull real hard and be faster then my ext. I get 38 mpgs and I drive hard.
Given that the hatch weighs about 80lbs more than the touring sedan and 115lbs more than the coupe (in touring forms) i doubt the extra 5hp will make up for the weight gain honestly. Plus the cost of premium fuel. The EXT is (in my opinion) the best deal in terms of performance and features if you don't care about leather or honda sensing. Given that the EXT coupe weighs the same as the touring coupe i'd guess the EXT is faster or as fast as the sport touring hatch even with its extra hp.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I heard that this vehicle requires premium fuel. Can you confirm or deny that?
Pay to Play.

She'll only be sipping Shell V-Power... whenever she gets here. :(

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
I'm super impressed by this hatchback in person!!

And in Canada we get the Sport Touring with 6MT... how excellent. Sat in one.. gotta say it felt cheap on the door materials etc... which sucks, low slung seating... but I can get past that.

I need to see how one drives. I will likely buy this over the Si since I need the Hatchback ..hopefully the Hondata +6psi tune puts it inline with the Si which is Delayed until late June ... sigh

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love love love Honda but a 29k civic?? Are you freaking out of your mind!! Lol When it comes to residual the Si and TypeR will hold nice. But if you dare pay 29k for a regular civic? Be prepared to lose your butt. I can not believe that. That is crazy.. I would literally save 4k and buy a WRX..

Last edited:

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
18 inch rims on a Honda with ground effects and duel exhaust on a Honda from the factory, get out, thought I'd never see it in my lifetime.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I won't lie, i want one. Wish I'd waited for it, but oh well.

I find it kinda weird how Polished Metal is not available on the Sport Touring up here in Canada. Seems to be the most popular colour for the hatch so far. We get Sonic Grey and Lunar Silver but as far as I can tell, no Polished Metal on the ST..

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
Why do mpgs suck so bad on hatch?
It's the aero. The hatch drops the (highway) mpg about 7% (42 to 39), .. then the big open spoke 18" wheels drop it about another 8% (39 to 36) from there.

I think the "base" sport hatchback 6mt probably should have a 36 mpg highway rating as well, due to the wheels, but the monroney's aren't divided up that way. **Edit-- I guess the Sport IS rated at 36 mpg highway as well**

/they look good, though

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's the aero. The hatch drops the (highway) mpg about 7% (42 to 39), .. then the big open spoke 18" wheels drop it about another 8% (39 to 36) from there.

/they look good, though
it kind of sucks that it's such a difference in MPG. that being said, i still get 40+ on my commute with my hatch, which is way better than my previous 2 hyundai sonatas.

Manual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-T 6mt
Country flag
it kind of sucks that it's such a difference in MPG. that being said, i still get 40+ on my commute with my hatch, which is way better than my previous 2 hyundai sonatas.
Yah, .. "pretty hurts".

But 40 is still good. You'll see a decent improvement when summer time comes around.

The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
I notice that there are still a bunch of button blanks on the left dash and by the shifter. I always thought those blank buttons would've been filled up for the touring/sensing features but I guess there are more features?
On the European and Canadian ST there's buttons to adjust the suspension and auto stop/start and other features that arent included with the stateside civics. Just another way Honda screwed us out of a phenomenal car.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I'm not sure if Honda has ever officially explained the drop in mpg for the Sport and Sport Touring hatch trims.

We can only speculate, but not know for sure what factors are significant. Im guessing it has something to do with the wheels (spoke design, maybe wider width, larger diameter, heavier weight). Dont know if the cvt is diff from non Sport trims and somehow relevant. I doubt the exhaust is anything more than cosmetic
Sponsored