How often?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JNOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00' EX H23A, 17' Si Sedan WOP
Just wondering for daily driving how often have you guys been putting the sport mode on?
Sponsored

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I turn it on as soon as the motor is warmed up. Owners manual mentioned allowing oil temps to warm for the turbo. I try not to use any boost until then. After that it is on constantly.

OP
OP
JNOR

JNOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I turn it on as soon as the motor is warmed up. Owners manual mentioned allowing oil temps to warm for the turbo. I try not to use any boost until then. After that it is on constantly.
I'm going to be honest in saying I've yet to even turn it on with 980 miles on my car :D I'm in for a treat I hope:)

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Owners manual mentioned allowing oil temps to warm for the turbo.
Hmm, the only "warning" I'm seeing is this one, on page 439:
The mode may not be able to be changed under
some driving conditions. If mode change is necessary,
reduce speed or cornering speed.
This message will also appear if you try to change
mode when there is a vehicle system failure.
Do you remember where you saw that about the oil temp?

As for OP question - always on, for me. Annoys the crap out of me when I forget to do it at the beginning and discover a few minutes into the drive that something's off in the feel, like throttle isn't sharp enough or there's more body roll during a turn...

Last edited:

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Hmm, the only "warning" I'm seeing is this one, on page 439:

Do you remember where you saw that about the oil temp?

As for OP question - always on, for me. Annoys the crap out of me when I forget to do it at the beginning and discover a few minutes into the drive that something's off in the feel, like throttle isn't sharp enough or there's more body roll during a turn...
Honda Civic 10th gen Sport  Mode w960_5839-480

OP
OP
JNOR

JNOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I'm in a particularly feisty mood I'll turn it on; otherwise, I prefer the slightly smoother ride and easier steering with it off.
This is basically the same reason why I haven't really felt the need to try it out yet, I've never owned any other "new" Si but I'm thinking from what I'm reading that none of them handled and rode quite as good as these.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
The improved throttle response is the main reason I use it.

OP
OP
JNOR

JNOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The improved throttle response is the main reason I use it.
I'll have to give it a whirl and check out the differences. Thanks for everyones responses, hoping to get some more feedback.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I see. Right, that makes perfect sense, but I thought you were talking about the 'sport mode' specifically... You can rev the engine just fine in normal mode; in other words, one doesn't have to push the 'sport' button to do to damage to their engine. :) (As I'm sure you well aware -- just explaining my train of thought/logic when I asked that question.)

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
The only time I turn it off is to go over bumps/rough road. Can't wait to get Hondata so I can have it automatically turn on when I start the car.

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
I can't wait until we get rid of rev hang!

OP
OP
JNOR

JNOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only time I turn it off is to go over bumps/rough road. Can't wait to get Hondata so I can have it automatically turn on when I start the car.
Speaking of Hondata, would this void the warranty and what other "mods" would would do so? Maybe a noob question but this is my first brand new car with a warranty that I've owned :dunno:

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
Speaking of Hondata, would this void the warranty and what other "mods" would would do so? Maybe a noob question but this is my first brand new car with a warranty that I've owned :dunno:
I honestly have no idea. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in. I don't care either way but am curious lol.
Sponsored