Speaker Upgrade

DontDrinknDerive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Has anyone upgraded their speakers and found that they now have adequate bass?

OR

Those who have upgraded their speakers, do you feel you still need a subwoofer to get the bass you want?
Sponsored

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
My stock speakers in my Coupe have a pretty good amount of bass, they just don't get quite loud enough sometimes. Like on the interstate with the windows down. I've thought about trying to swap them with the better speakers in the upper model just out of curiosity. Be a direct fit. Might not help much, but it wouldn't hurt either.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
My stock speakers in my Coupe have a pretty good amount of bass, they just don't get quite loud enough sometimes. Like on the interstate with the windows down. I've thought about trying to swap them with the better speakers in the upper model just out of curiosity. Be a direct fit. Might not help much, but it wouldn't hurt either.
do you have the bass cranked way up? I only bumped it a little and I feel its pretty lacking in bass.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
do you have the bass cranked way up? I only bumped it a little and I feel its pretty lacking in bass.
You only have the bass turned up a little, but it's lacking in bass? Am I missing something here?

I keep mine at barely below half.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You only have the bass turned up a little, but it's lacking in bass? Am I missing something here?

I keep mine at barely below half.
well... Im guessing you weren't the kid who always had 2 12's on 1k watts growing up... haha. I don't expect that but I got spoiled with the logic7 factory system in my old bimmer

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
No you're right, I had 2 fosgate 8".

What some people don't realize, is that for people like me, the stock stereo's these days, atleast this one, has the type of sound I use to pay a couple hundred dollars to get when I was younger. So that's why I don't whine like a baby just because my factory stereo doesn't shake houses apart. ;)

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No you're right, I had 2 fosgate 8".

What some people don't realize, is that for people like me, the stock stereo's these days, atleast this one, has the type of sound I use to pay a couple hundred dollars to get when I was younger. So that's why I don't whine like a baby just because my factory stereo doesn't shake houses apart. ;)
woah, woah, nobodies crying... lol I think it sounds good I just wish there was a little more bass. I have a couple image dynamics 8s in my commuter I might steal for this car eventually.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
woah, woah, nobodies crying... lol I think it sounds good I just wish there was a little more bass. I have a couple image dynamics 8s in my commuter I might steal for this car eventually.
I was just playing anyway, trying to make a point. All in good humor.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was just playing anyway, trying to make a point. All in good humor.
no hurt feelings here, I knew you were joking. going to try speakers later as it would be nice to keep the trunk free. I'm definitely past the days of having my ENTIRE trunk taken up by the subs.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
The most I thought about doing, was to enlarge the rear deck holes to accept 6.5" or 6x9" speakers and put a small 2 channel free flow amp on them. Still debating on that one. That would only be for the days I wanna blast some bUsh.

Steven H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I got a ex hatch. I replaced the front speakers with some JBLs. I left the rear speakers alone cause of their bass. Just not enough bass for me. So I picked up a powered Rockford Fosgate P300-10 I'll be putting in the back this weekend.

darkbud22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport - 2012 Accord
Vehicle Showcase
It's not the Navi one...
Thanks for the reply. If you don't mine me asking a series of questions...
-for your amp/sub setup, where did you get the audio feed for the amp from? speaker, deck somehow?
-do you have a remote of some sort to adjust the bass for the amp? or just have it tuned for how you like it and keep it there?
-could you possibly share some pics or info on how you routed the amp wiring? and your current placement of the amp/sub?

Sponsored