<sound of crickets>

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
I sat in a Golf R (didn't get any diseases...) and it had a great driver seat. The back seat was near impossible to use though.
In all, it looks good/great and the inside looks functional but equipped. I'd never buy one because it's VW and because it's too small.
The golf r has a massive back seat. I was just in the back of one and I'm 6'2.

The focus has an extremely small back seat and my 5 year old is cramped in the back of our ST. The Evolution has a very large backseat with a comfortable seating position, I can ride all day in the back. I forgot to sit in the back of the civic hatch at the auto show, hondas display was disappointing due to the lack of the concept.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The golf r has a massive back seat. I was just in the back of one and I'm 6'2.

The focus has an extremely small back seat and my 5 year old is cramped in the back of our ST. The Evolution has a very large backseat with a comfortable seating position, I can ride all day in the back. I forgot to sit in the back of the civic hatch at the auto show, hondas display was disappointing due to the lack of the concept.
Oh man! Interesting. I got in and didn't get my legs in the car because my head hits the roof. The guy sitting up front was moving the seat all the way back and there was maybe 3-4" between seatback and rear seat bench!
Oh well no matter. It's not for me!

Reactions: Evo

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
Oh man! Interesting. I got in and didn't get my legs in the car because my head hits the roof. The guy sitting up front was moving the seat all the way back and there was maybe 3-4" between seatback and rear seat bench!
Oh well no matter. It's not for me!
Well yeah VW allows the seat to come way further back than most. Not many people can drive with it all the way back. These are compact cars. If you feel the golf r is too small no way will you like the tiny new civic. They cut away a lot of possible space with the center stack design.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
If you feel the golf r is too small no way will you like the tiny new civic.
That depends... In some ways Civic is definitely bigger, and it's got 2 more cubic feet of passenger volume, FWIW. Here are some numbers for the 2017 models - first Golf R, second Civic sedan:

Passenger Volume

93 cu.ft.
95 cu.ft.

Front Legroom

41.2 "
42.3 "

Front Headroom

38.4 "
37.5 "

Front Shoulder Room

55.9 "
57.0 "

Rear Legroom

35.6 "
37.4 "

Rear Headroom

38.1 "
36.8 "

Rear Shoulder Room

53.9 "
55.0 "

(from cars.com)

Basically VW only wins in the headroom department. While that may be all that Brian cares about :), that's far from the whole picture...

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
Those numbers aren't always equal, the center console sticking up at a certain angle. Or the seat or steering wheel being the wrong angle or height. Try it before you buy it, unless your like Tom Cruise, 5'6

That depends... In some ways Civic is definitely bigger, and it's got 2 more cubic feet of passenger volume, FWIW. Here are some numbers for the 2017 models - first Golf R, second Civic sedan:

Passenger Volume

93 cu.ft.
95 cu.ft.

Front Legroom

41.2 "
42.3 "

Front Headroom

38.4 "
37.5 "

Front Shoulder Room

55.9 "
57.0 "

Rear Legroom

35.6 "
37.4 "

Rear Headroom

38.1 "
36.8 "

Rear Shoulder Room

53.9 "
55.0 "

(from cars.com)

Basically VW only wins in the headroom department. While that may be all that Brian cares about :), that's far from the whole picture...