<sound of crickets>

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
For the love of all things holy ..., puh-lease Honda give me some specs and a date.
Sponsored

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the love of all things holy ..., puh-lease Honda give me some specs and a date.
Lookin' at June, buddy :( Spec's maybe around NY auto show, I was thinking specs will be at Canadian International...
I'm gonna be at the Toronto show, I'll report back anything I see, unfortunately I don't think they've announced anything fun for Toronto.

Side note, love the Rush love!

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I'm not so much interested in the specs as I am the driver reviews. On paper, I think this car will appear to be a slouch.

The outcry of the 1.5 engine is plenty enough to back up my thoughts.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
At this point, I would be happy if we at least got an official word as to when we would see specs or a release. Anything official besides '2017.'

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
Nothing at Chicago today

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
You won't hear anything about the Si at the Chicago show. Wasn't on the schedule and the media days were last Thursday and Friday...
I've been attending the CAS every year for the past decade or so. The recent (past few years) theme of the show is electric/hybrid power and future models.

Ford will do their dyno-mustang
Chrysler/Dodge will do the Hellcat demo (but also includes a Fiat demo)
Jeep will do the off-road experience
Ram will do the off-road/look at me course

but outside of that...the show mostly caters to the green crowd. Honda had a strong presence with the eco vehicles.

I was hoping to see the Si and the R prototypes but had serious doubts. The Focus RS was very nice to sit in and feel. That car is perfect in every way.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
The Focus RS was very nice to sit in and feel. That car is perfect in every way.
I had a chance to sit in the ST Focus, but not the RS and I left feeling like there were no thrills and it left a econo-car taste in my mouth. Whereas the civic felt a class above where it truly sits. I assume the RS is completely different.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I had a chance to sit in the ST Focus, but not the RS and I left feeling like there were no thrills and it left a econo-car taste in my mouth. Whereas the civic felt a class above where it truly sits. I assume the RS is completely different.
I sat in a Golf R (didn't get any diseases...) and it had a great driver seat. The back seat was near impossible to use though.
In all, it looks good/great and the inside looks functional but equipped. I'd never buy one because it's VW and because it's too small.

OP
OP

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
Dear Honda,

This is thr33lions 100th thread about the upcoming Civic Si, please release specs and pricing immediately, thank you.

Sincerely,
Honda Fans
LOL..., I'm as impatient as a kid on Christmas eve. Having driven nothing but Si's for the past 15 years I'm going nuts waiting for anything "official". Has there ever been anything this secretive about a car's release in Honda's history?

PS..., I'm only at 40 postings :)

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The RS and ST have very similar driver positions and ergonomics. I also wasn't a fan of either.

Don't get me wrong, the ST drives just like my MS3 which I love. I just can't get over the seating position and dash layout.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I like the down low/cockpit feel of the RS. The heavy bolstered seats combined with the placement of the shifter in the right spot really hit home. As a Honda fan, they are competing for my business with the RS.
Sponsored