Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Beautiful shots. That metallic gray looks nice in the pictures too. Does it have metal flakes?

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Best Civic looking front ever. And look at that interior! Can't judge off looks alone I know but it just looks premium and quality. My 05 has never looked and felt older lol.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
What corners are they cutting here?

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I don't really like the back on this car but I don't think they will change it anytime soon. The coupe... However has a really nice back... I really like that. Otherwise I don't see any corners cut here... Maybe it's just me.

Type-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Fit Sport
If you look at Honda History the corners cut are interior quality, style and body, bumper mods. Trim features, tire brand quality, sound dead materials, leds, ect ect ect.. Trust me in 2 years Honda will improve and pile on the free stuff.. ;)
Have you seen or felt the new car in person yet? Yea sure it's a possibility the quality isn't great, but none of us have so none of us can really talk about the quality of the 10th gen. The admin and members that saw it at the reveals all said it was high quality, so I'll go off those for now. And all models from any company are updated after a few years by improving and adding more 'free' content.

EmperorHondus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
If you look at Honda History the corners cut are interior quality, style and body, bumper mods. Trim features, tire brand quality, sound dead materials, leds, ect ect ect.. Trust me in 2 years Honda will improve and pile on the free stuff.. ;) Have you seen the new HRV? Its a joke and needs many improvements. Crosstour? Discontinued. Ridgeline? A joke of a truck. CRV? Beat hands down by the Rav4 in all views most important power. But I'm a Honda fan 100% Just disappointed. The rear of this Civic sedan looks terrible.
The only hiccup I've witnessed in "Honda History" was the underwhelming 2012 Civic. But even that model was endowed with all the virtues of a Honda. There's no way that the Toyota RAV4 is superior to a CR-V, and the Ridgeline is the Accord of pick-up trucks. Which is a good thing.

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
If you look at Honda History the corners cut are interior quality, style and body, bumper mods. Trim features, tire brand quality, sound dead materials, leds, ect ect ect.. Trust me in 2 years Honda will improve and pile on the free stuff.. ;) Have you seen the new HRV? Its a joke and needs many improvements. Crosstour? Discontinued. Ridgeline? A joke of a truck. CRV? Beat hands down by the Rav4 in all views most important power. But I'm a Honda fan 100% Just disappointed. The rear of this Civic sedan looks terrible.
If you're looking for a car that does not cut corners in interior quality you may want to shop for another car. Civic has always been an affordable vehicle first and foremost and that isn't about to change. It's inevitable some cost cutting will be done. They did benchmark Audi in this regard but we can't expect it to actually reach that level.

First model year will always carry a premium and as the car ages and becomes less novel, they add incremental features, options, colors etc. How's that different than any other car manufacturer?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got done reviewing a Rav4 XLE for a week, it was not good. Can you elaborate on what was "much better" than a CR-V?
Right? Every review and comparison test i've read the CRV was 1st place hands down. It's even motortrends 2015 SUV of the year.

As for mid model updates which ALL automakers do, other than slightly revised bumpers, tail lights, and maybe a new feature here or there honda doesn't really update them that much during mid model updates. We saw the substantial update to the 2013 civics because the 2012 was just that poorly received. The accord got some nice updates too, but again, mostly cosmetic other than the addition of the touring features and the available honda sensing. This civic isn't going to require any kind of huge updates for it's mid model refresh.

As for the HRV (mentioned earlier in the thread), it's hardly a disappointment. They sell like hotcakes, and really the only gripe i've heard is about the engine being a bit underpowered and raspy sounding. But that obviously hasn't stopped them from selling. It would definitely benefit from adopting the new 2.0L from the civic or even the 1.5T, maybe make both available on different trims.
Sponsored