SoCal Touring Pricing Update - Got the car! Leaving you all my notes to help you get your car.

joeweezy10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 04, civic sedan touring 16
Like the Title Says. I got the touring! Will provide proof below.

price $24,343.00
tags $297.75
taxes $1,953.84
doc fees $80.00
total: $26,674.59

---------------------------------
Links I used In my notes:

Honda website: http://automobiles.honda.com/civicsedan/price.aspx

costco: https://www.costcoauto.com/new_cars/locate_dealer

payment caculator: http://www.carmax.com/enus/carpaymentestimatescalculator/default.html

factory price: http://www.civicx.com/threads/official2016hondacivicpricinginvoiceretail-
revealed.412/
---------------------------------------

How to deal with dealerships

- Give them nonworking number

- Use Throw away email addresses

- Ask for OTD "Out the Door" Price and a full breakdown.+ Taxes, registration

- In email ask if they have the car you want.

- ask for inbound cars to see if your color is coming.

- Ask for vin number with quote.
------------------------------------------

List of dealership quotes I got in email

Rock Honda: $26,115 [26398.96] OTD color: has all three colors

Moss bros: $26674 OTD cor: agean blue.

valley hi honda: $26,788.12 OTD: color no color accessories + wheel lock

Norm reeves honda west covina: $26,881 color: cosmic blue, silver agean blue

Sierra honda: $26900 OTD color: no color

carson honda: $27,052 OTD Colors: Lunar silver

Downey honda: $27202 OTD no colors mentioned.

hardin honda: $27214.28 OTD*** no color.

https://trello.com/c/Ku5TXQlR/225buyingnew2016hondacivic 2/11

4/6/2016 Buying New 2016 Honda Civic on Weekly Schedule | Trello

hardin honda: $27214.28 OTD*** no color.

Gaplin honda: $27267 OTD colors; lunar silver

Kolbe honda: $27484.33 OTD: No color **has cosmic blue with accessories + $1071

Goudy honda: $27756 OTD color: cosmic blue

Robertson honda: $27,794.15 OTD aegean blue

Weir canyon honda: $27856.46 OTD: lunar silver has accessories

honda of santa monica: $28011.00 OTD : no color

Culver city honda: $28,672 OTD Colors: Cosmic blue, agean blue

Miller automotive: $28735 OTD color: aegean blue

metro honda: $29,006 OTD: no color

Palmdale honda: $29440.27 OTD no color

rancho santa margarita honda: $29734.53 OTD : cosmic blue

This dealers wouldn't give me the OTD or did not provide breakdown:

long beach honda: $29026 OTD: color: cosmic blue metallic

Nelson honda: $24,189 NOT OTD color: steel metallic

Honda Ontario: $25.189 NOT OTD color: not mentioned.

scott robinson honda: $27335 NOT OTD: no color

Riverside honda: $24939.79 NOT OTD : no color
-----------------------------------------------------
(Full disclosure: I Wrote this email to be used for the end of the month. I used one simlar to this one but now going through this the first time taught me tons of lessons which made me re-write my email. Here is that email. I am sure I could have gotten 24000 OTD. But my circumstances changed and I eneded up pulling the trigger. I recommend contacting the dealers 48 hours before the last day of the month!)

Hello Honda,

Here is what I am looking for:
  • Civic Sedan Touring – automatic
  • Color: Lunar Silver (will consider Aegean Blue)
Here is what I bring:
  • Have a Convenience check from my bank (cash) through schools first credit union
  • Do not want to use your finance, I have my own at 1.49% per 60 months
  • Do not want your Insurance, I have my own through all state
  • Do not want your warranty
  • Do not want any dealer add-ons on my car. If the car has dealer add-ons I will not pay for it.
  • I prefer for you to have the car on the lot, trading for cars causes too many problems
  • I do not have a dealer trade in
  • I have already test drove the car at my local dealership
I am looking for an OUT THE DOOR price less than $26,400. This OTD price is targeted to those dealers who need to sell one more car in order to get there dealer incentive from Honda. If this price offends you please ignore this message as I do not want to waste your time and mine.

If you can give me this price or beat it! My Zip code for billing purposes is 92503. Please reply back in this format:
  • Color you currently have on your lot
  • Breakdown of the OTD price
  • Please include the MSRP in your breakdown
  • Taxes, destination fees, and how you got to that price. ALL fees!
  • VIN # of the car you are selling me
  • Your Phone number to finalize the deal over the phone and start paperwork
Bonus: If you can send me a PDF with a buyer’s agreement that would impress me.

Here is an example of what I want your reply to look like:

• MSRP: $27,335.00
• Selling Price: $23589.00
• Door Guard: $249.00
• Sales Tax: $1908.00
• DMV fees: $260.00
• Doc Fees: $109.00
• Total: $26115.00
• Vin # 129871928713987CDA

Please structure your reply to have what I ask. My next day off is April 30th and will schedule a time to come pick up the car then. Please do not ask me to come into the dealership unless you have provided me with all I ask.

Thank you for your time
Name
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[here is my reply when they did not give me a breakdown but just a quote:

Thank you for your fast and prompt reply!

Thank you for providing the price of the car. However, could you please provide me the OTD price with a breakdown of all the fees and taxes. Please also include the VIN number. zip code for billing is: zip code

Like I said in my previous email, I am ready to buy, would just show up to the showroom to sign paper and drive off! I am not trying to waste anyone time especially mine. However Not giving me what I want over email signifies that your offer is not legitimate. You and I are both aware of how many dealerships do the bait-and-switch and other tricks to get customers to the dealer. This protects me and you. Me from making a drive and you not wasting any more time.

Lastly I would like to point out that if everything goes well and your honest I will make sure to mentioned how well you treated me on review sites like yelp. I may not end up buying a car from you but at least I can point people to you with my review.

I look forward to your reply!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extending warranty - get it through this two! found this info here in the forums

I just signed up for a $0 deductible / 96 month / 120K mile Honda Care warranty for $1110.00.

saccuccihondacare.com

8yr/120k is $1,015.00 with $0 deductible at http://hyannishondacare.comThey seem to be well recommended on some of the Honda forums I've run across and one of the guys, Bob Leab, frequents some of those forums.

Note: Bob retired but if you name drop his name they honor his price!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the breakdown of the Add-ons I wanted:

Add ons:

Exterior:
Door Edige Film: $42 MSRP: $39
Wheel locks: $56
Rear Bumper Applique: $62
Door Edge Guards: $84
Splash Guard Set: $104
Moonroof Visor: $138
Body Side Molding: $217
Door Trim, Chrome: $285

total: 988$

Interior:
Cargo hooks: 12$
Cargo Net: $49
Trunk Tray: $114
Interior llumination: $125
All-Season Floor Mats-High Wall: $155
Automatic-Dimming Mirror: $183
Seat Covers - Rear ?? :$250

total: 888$

Ext + Int = 1876$

Really Want:

EXTERIOR:
- Wheel locks: $56
- Splash Guard Set: $104
- Moonroof Visor: $138
- Body Side Molding: $217

Total: $515

INTERIOR:
- All-Season Floor Mats-High Wall: $155
- Cargo hooks: 12$
- Cargo Net: $49

Total: $ 216
Ext + int = 731$

And here is where you can buy them for super cheap!

http://www.cheaphondaparts.com/oem-parts-and-accessories/2013-Civic/Interior/707/1/

There are several good websites selling the 2016 Civic parts and accessories. I was very surprised to see this as past cars I've owned, the manufacturer makes it difficult to get parts for their newer releases unless it is directly from the dealer parts department. Try these, I found them to be EXTREMELY low in price compared to http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan/accessories.aspx

http://www.hondapartworld.com/civic-sedan-si-accessories (Good pricing)
http://hondapartsnetwork.com (most complete, all kinds of parts and accessories, very good pricing)
http://www.accessories-honda.com/honda-civic-2016-sedan-c-23_364.html(Lowest prices I've seen so far)
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/category/2016-honda-civic-sedan-accessories.html (Great for DYI'ers. This site posts the installation instructions in .pdf format as well as some videos. Great place to get the instructions ahead of time to familiarize yourself with the project and know ahead of time what you're getting yourself into)

I've actually been going to the www.collegehillshonda.com/category/2016-honda-civic-sedan-accessories.html website for installation instructions, then ordering from hondapartsnetwork.com and www.accessories-honda.com/honda-civic-2016-sedan-c-23_364.html for best prices and selection.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/riennakane

------------------------------------------------
I recommend moss bros in mo val. Ask for fernando. he got it done!

Honda Civic 10th gen SoCal Touring Pricing Update - Got the car! Leaving you all my notes to help you get your car. IMG_20160410_170113

Honda Civic 10th gen SoCal Touring Pricing Update - Got the car! Leaving you all my notes to help you get your car. proof

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 integra, 2012 benz c300, Honda civic 2016 WOP touring
good stuff Joe, very well informed. I'll give it a go later this month

jaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SARAO
Good stuff! Seems like Rock Honda has the lowest prices in the area. I emailed them once and they gave me a price on the first reply, others sent me the customary 'you have to come in so we could talk' bs. I just got an EX-L from them yesterday. $23,500 OTD.

OP
OP
joeweezy10

joeweezy10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good stuff! Seems like Rock Honda has the lowest prices in the area. I emailed them once and they gave me a price on the first reply, others sent me the customary 'you have to come in so we could talk' bs. I just got an EX-L from them yesterday. $23,500 OTD.
Rock honda did the bait and switch so I left. wanted 27500+ OTD I would not recommend them at all!

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Accord Sedan LX V6, 12 Civic Sedan LX, 14 Accord Sedan LX, 16 Civic Sedan EX-L w Sensing
Country flag
Thanks so much @joeweezy10 :). This should help me with the process of getting a WOP Touring much easier. But if I want to finance through HFS I would said that I have pre-approval from HFS?

OP
OP
joeweezy10

joeweezy10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much @joeweezy10 :). This should help me with the process of getting a WOP Touring much easier. But if I want to finance through HFS I would said that I have pre-approval from HFS?
Couple questions. I assume HFS means Honda Financial services, if so:

1. Why would you want to go through with HFS? Right now they only offer a 1.9% APR rate. That's only if you have the credit score to get that.
2. Have you tried going through a bank instead? I would go through a bank just to have a better rate than what HFS may offer you.

If HFS is a bank then my answer to your question:

Depending on what they gave you. Some banks give you an auto-convenience check (which is what my bank gave me). Its essentially a blank check from the bank that you fill out at the dealership once you are filling out the paperwork! Its essentially cash. Other banks have a fast track program where the dealership can pull up your loan straight from there systems and get the payment that way.

So if you have a check then I would say you have cash! If you have the pre-approval but are required to go back to the bank to finish the paperwork, I would tell them you got pre-approved.

But if you are going to do the financing through the dealership I am positive you can probably get a lower OTD than what I got or get the same OTD but have more add-ons! I almost got the rock honda deal if I were to go through there finance department.

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Accord Sedan LX V6, 12 Civic Sedan LX, 14 Accord Sedan LX, 16 Civic Sedan EX-L w Sensing
Country flag
Couple questions. I assume HFS means Honda Financial services, if so:

1. Why would you want to go through with HFS? Right now they only offer a 1.9% APR rate. That's only if you have the credit score to get that.
2. Have you tried going through a bank instead? I would go through a bank just to have a better rate than what HFS may offer you.

If HFS is a bank then my answer to your question:

Depending on what they gave you. Some banks give you an auto-convenience check (which is what my bank gave me). Its essentially a blank check from the bank that you fill out at the dealership once you are filling out the paperwork! Its essentially cash. Other banks have a fast track program where the dealership can pull up your loan straight from there systems and get the payment that way.

So if you have a check then I would say you have cash! If you have the pre-approval but are required to go back to the bank to finish the paperwork, I would tell them you got pre-approved.

But if you are going to do the financing through the dealership I am positive you can probably get a lower OTD than what I got or get the same OTD but have more add-ons! I almost got the rock honda deal if I were to go through there finance department.
Yes, HFS is Honda Financial Services. I ask this question because if I get pre-approval from HFS (I paid off my loans on both 12' Civic and 14' Accord - finance through HFS) and possibly Wells Fargo, then I would say that I have pre-approval from both? One thing that lean me toward HFS is that my son will graduate in May so that he qualify for Honda Grad

OP
OP
joeweezy10

joeweezy10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, HFS is Honda Financial Services. I ask this question because if I get pre-approval from HFS (I paid off my loans on both 12' Civic and 14' Accord - finance through HFS) and possibly Wells Fargo, then I would say that I have pre-approval from both? One thing that lean me toward HFS is that my son will graduate in May so that he qualify for Honda Grad
Correct! you will tell them you got approval from both.

When I was looking at it. $500 was not worth the money I was saving by going with my bank but maybe your situation is different

I am curious. What is the OTD you are trying to get?

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm aiming at 26.5k for OTD for either a WOP or CBP touring with ivory interior.

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No add on cause sometimes its not worth it.

OP
OP
joeweezy10

joeweezy10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@itmikepowell I was told at rock honda if I went with there finance department I would get the price that they quoted. $26,115 OTD! But they did do the bait and switch on me so I don't really believe them but 26.1k is amazing to pull off in the state of CA! I can email you a PDF of the email exchange so you can try! They have your colors! had like 8 tourings when I was there.

Oscuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Wow. This is probably the best email template I have come across on this forum! Thank you for taking time in posting this up. Def helps newbies like me! :)