So where does one put a trailer hitch with this center mounted exhaust?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
slow clap slow clap.. not too bad. Obesity or disability, I hope you won't need one of those someday.
With any luck (good or bad), I'll live long enough to need one! :p

(My intent wasn't to offend or mock, by the way - I was trying to be open and suggestive.)
Sponsored

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
ill probably cut off the center tip and having custom tips welded on, depending where the hitch lands

glsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si
Country flag
I was wondering if Honda would make an exclusive Honda only trailer hitch for this new SI? Is it even possible to put a hitch on that kind of an exhaust setup? Sure it would look weird.
Seriously, folks. I need one bad (sic). I doubt Honda would but how about mainstream hitch makers. I need one in order to buy a 2017 Si Coupe which has the center exhaust.

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
If I ever get my SI i'm cutting the tip off and adding the frame mounted hitch to it and adding custom tips :yes:

glsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si
Country flag
If I ever get my SI i'm cutting the tip off and adding the frame mounted hitch to it and adding custom tips :yes:
I'm sure that could be done & would work. I don't do that kind of heavy work on my vehicles anymore. I've decided to down grade to an EX-T Coupe.

Challenger 2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Go to eTrailer.com. (that's the correct spelling, too) I believe they have what you need for a bike rack. Not one for my VMax 1200 tho. DANG! They are an EXCELLENT company to deal with. Simply excellent. Very fast and efficient, too. You'll be very happy you did. Tell them Steve Bartus recommended them. I don't know if that'll help you any, but it may help me! ;~)

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I pulled my GFs subaru legacy out of a snow bank once xD

That being said. You could probably get the tow kit and just get your exhaust done at the same time by a custom shop.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Funny how people think it's funny to want to have a trailer on an Si ... I've seen hitches in smaller cars with much less power. Plenty of older civics and corolla and the like out there with hitches.
Sponsored