So my local dealership just called me...

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Yup. The relationship between power and fun-to-driveness is far from linear... :)
Sponsored

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Without a warranty, bi-mode steering & damping, more aggressive springs/ARBs/brakes, LSD or proper bolstering. Respectfully, I'll pass. :)

Dealers near Torrance and Alliston may get a few hints from certain visitors. 220+ would be a nice surprise. But something less would hardly be a dealbreaker, IMHO. :dunno:

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Sorry in advance as this question is about the CTR. Would you happen to know how many people are on their list for it? I've been emailing them and have not shared any info whatsoever. The only thing they keep telling me is that I'm on their list and will share any/all info once available.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
It was the usual sales/"how's your current Si working out for you" kinda call.

But he mentioned that a Honda rep was at their location last week. ..... He also said the hp would be 227.

I guess your sales guy is a liar...

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
I guess your sales guy is a liar...
Or he just passed on info that was given to him by the Rep who didn't have 100% correct info.

BA

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2019 Touring PWP Coupe
Country flag
I spoke to a very close buddy of mine which also happens to be a sale guy, i asked him no BS how much the Si would be and he said pricing would be close to what the car was last year or within a 1000$ he knows im interested, and i know where he lives lol, so he wont bullshit me.........so he gave me a CAD price of 28,690 +/- $1000....... we will see how this pans out. This puts it in the same cash bracket as the Canadian Touring model which is 28,424$ starting.......im interested

Last edited:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a brand new 2013 Si coupe and paid 20k for it. I may go 21-22k tops on a Si but thats it. If it has 250hp? I then would say it's value would be 26k... Just keeping it real. I'd put money on 1.5T Cvt + Flashpro to beat the new 2017 Civic Si.

I spoke to a very close buddy of mine which also happens to be a sale guy, i asked him no BS how much the Si would be and he said pricing would be close to what the car was last year or within a 1000$ he knows im interested, and i know where he lives lol, so he wont bullshit me.........so he gave me a CAD price of 28,690 +/- $1000....... we will see how this pans out. This puts it in the same cash bracket as the Canadian Touring model which is 28,424$ starting.......im interested

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
I bought a brand new 2013 Si coupe and paid 20k for it. I may go 21-22k tops on a Si but thats it. If it has 250hp? I then would say it's value would be 26k... Just keeping it real. I'd put money on 1.5T Cvt + Flashpro to beat the new 2017 Civic Si.
I think that's a rather short sighted comment...first of all, you're comparing a modified car to a stock one, which is a completely a bogus comparison, and your simply dismissing that truck load of additional enhancements the Si has over the other cars in the model range...Now, I don't know what you value in a car, so if the brakes, suspension, chassis, and drive line goodies don't appeal to you and you're just looking to tick the "my modified car is .1 seconds quicker to the next stop light under perfect conditions" box...then you might be right...but nothing is stopping the Si owner from using the same flash pro as you...and the story is going to be very different if you're both cruising something that requires you to turn the front wheels, or use your brakes

Last edited:

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
I think that's a rather short sighted comment...first of all, you're comparing a modified car to a stock one, which is a completely a bogus comparison, and your simply dismissing that truck load of additional enhancements the So has over the other cars in the model range...Now, I don't know what you value in a car, so if the brakes, suspension, chassis, and drive like goodies don't appeal to you and you're just looking to tick the "my modified car is .1 seconds quicker to the next stop light under perfect conditions" box...then you might be right...but nothing is stopping the Si owner from using the same flash pro as you...and the story is going to be very different if you're both cruising something that requires you to turn the front wheels, or use your brakes
Exactly.

There are plenty of features on this Si to seperate it from the rest of the models. And congrats on your 2013 Civic Si that you got for 20k. The new Si is nicer, and has plenty of new features that make your statement irrelevant, and help justify it's price. Besides the Type R the Si will be a far more enjoyable experience to drive from a true car enthusiasts perspective. The Si has never been about blistering power figures and 0-60 times, it's just a fun, driver focused vehicle that rewards people who appreciate being a driver.

But hey, to each his own.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Just an update, the Civic si's show up now on the allocation search engine for our systems. But it doesn't specify any in the country right now. My guess it that it could start showing that after the NYIAS tomorrow! And if the Si is showing up I'm sure the type r will soon follow!

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I was at my local Hondata dealer and he said he could upgrade any 1.5T Civic to 227hp for $1000 smackarooos
Nope, only available as a part of a package with pinstripes, LoJack and rust protectant. $3,500.

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
My dealership called me recently. They might be funded into a stealership. They called saying they wanted to buy my SI. Told them when the SI/R come out. Started getting calls every other day and my salesman lost his job about a year ago. No idea why. After a couple weeks of this I finally asked 'do you have SI/R's?'. Nope. Then call me back when you do. No more calls and I've gotten a VW since then. Oh well.
Sponsored