So my local dealership just called me...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Interesting. I've had my Touring Civic for almost 8 months and have yet to wish for more light. I do think they put out a little more glare than I like but there's nothing I can do about that.

BA.
It seems like the lights do a tremendous job of not wasting light by blowing it up or out to the sides...but it gets harder to see pedestrians at a corner crosswalk. Maybe I'm just aging. :/
Sponsored

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
Similar, or same? E.g. what was the exact HP number he mentioned, 227 or something else? TIA
225. He advised that the Coupes were already starting production run tests in Allison. TTFWIW but I fully anticipate being in my 17 Si Coupe by May 1st.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Cool, thanks. Gotta wonder though, why would the numbers not be exactly the same, between the two sources...?

Last edited:

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Cool, thanks. Gotta wonder though, why would the numbers not be exactly the same, between the two sources...?
If the sales guys are quoting from memory they may just remember "it was 22...something" and honestly 7 is a weird number. I often wonder why maker just don't try to go for the closest 5 or 0. Like when cars have 218hp... why not just add 1 degree more timing and get 220? Or just rate it at 215?

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
Because they are either both wrong or one has the wrong info...

BA

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
225. He advised that the Coupes were already starting production run tests in Allison. TTFWIW but I fully anticipate being in my 17 Si Coupe by May 1st.
I got in touch with my dealer and they said they
I was at my local Hondata dealer and he said he could upgrade any 1.5T Civic to 227hp for $1000 smackarooos
This is where I am at... Sport Touring Hatch with +6psi tune or Si..

Now it comes down to real world pricing and performance figures... because the hatch is both sporty and practical

I talked to my dealer as well and they confirmed nothing :)

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
In my professional experience, salespersons and even general managers at Honda dealers have absolutely no clue about the products they sell (even the ones that have been released 4 years ago). Customers usually know more; it's awkward when you know they are pulling stuff out from their behind and you debate whether you should correct them or just let it go for the 4th time. Sad.

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Agreed. Went into a dealer this weekend - was greeted by a salesman who, when I asked about the upcoming Si, proceeded to tell me that they don't sell an Si, but that an 'R Type' was coming out and it was way more expensive than the standard civics. Duh. Turns out, he was a used car guy, but still. He passed me on to a new car salesman, who at least seemed aware that an Si was coming. But, the new car guy didn't even know that the EX-T was available in a manual. And he was supposedly a senior salesperson.

I just feel embarrassed for them. I mean, I know they deal with multiple models with multiple trim levels, but if I was a salesperson, I would make damn sure I knew that stuff backward and forward.

Anyway, I know better than to walk into a dealership cold these days. I have had the worst luck with that during my car search over the last 6 months or so. It works way better to contact someone ahead of time to make sure they know what you want, and that they actually have the car you want to look at. I've gone in several times to a dealer where the online inventory showed a particular model in stock with a manual, only to be told they don't actually have it. Not sure if it's laziness or the inventory shows up before it actually arrives or what. Sheesh, I find the whole process mostly infuriating.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
Agreed. Went into a dealer this weekend - was greeted by a salesman who, when I asked about the upcoming Si, proceeded to tell me that they don't sell an Si, but that an 'R Type' was coming out and it was way more expensive than the standard civics. Duh. Turns out, he was a used car guy, but still. He passed me on to a new car salesman, who at least seemed aware that an Si was coming. But, the new car guy didn't even know that the EX-T was available in a manual. And he was supposedly a senior salesperson.

I just feel embarrassed for them. I mean, I know they deal with multiple models with multiple trim levels, but if I was a salesperson, I would make damn sure I knew that stuff backward and forward.

Anyway, I know better than to walk into a dealership cold these days. I have had the worst luck with that during my car search over the last 6 months or so. It works way better to contact someone ahead of time to make sure they know what you want, and that they actually have the car you want to look at. I've gone in several times to a dealer where the online inventory showed a particular model in stock with a manual, only to be told they don't actually have it. Not sure if it's laziness or the inventory shows up before it actually arrives or what. Sheesh, I find the whole process mostly infuriating.
I agree!!! Too many dealers and salespeople still giving us good salespersons and enthusiasts a bad name. I get frustrated just by thinking about it.

BA

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Not for much longer, Honda designed that robot that can walk around. It will soon replace all non essential employs in every part of operations.

Aka the stupid sales people...

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I asked my dealer about the Si. No useful info, but thankfully no empty promises either:
So the Type R an the SI are scheduled to be offered sometime this year,Hondas focus is currently on the accord redesign, the new odyssey and making sure there arent any recalls on any of the new models. Our system will let us know roughly 2-3 months before they are available, and we will let you know.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not for much longer, Honda designed that robot that can walk around. It will soon replace all non essential employs in every part of operations.

Aka the stupid sales people...
Me: $22,500 out the door
SalesRobot: hold please, I must consult with my Database
SalesRobot 2 seconds later: Ok, we can do that..will that be cash, credit or direct removal from your account?
To get the effect, you must think, the salesrobot, in a robot voice....

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I was at my local Hondata dealer and he said he could upgrade any 1.5T Civic to 227hp for $1000 smackarooos
Without a warranty, bi-mode steering & damping, more aggressive springs/ARBs/brakes, LSD or proper bolstering. Respectfully, I'll pass. :)

Dealers near Torrance and Alliston may get a few hints from certain visitors. 220+ would be a nice surprise. But something less would hardly be a dealbreaker, IMHO. :dunno:
Sponsored

Last edited: