So my local dealership just called me...

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Did your salesman know when my personal Type R will be delivered?

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
He's just trying to get you to sign an agreement to buy from them. He's a salesman first and foremost. I 100% believe he pulled all that out of his ass.
I
Did your salesman know when my personal Type R will be delivered?

Thanks
He did mention that the Type R would be released in Aug-Sep. But he didn't mention yours personally :D

OP
OP

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
He's just trying to get you to sign an agreement to buy from them. He's a salesman first and foremost. I 100% believe he pulled all that out of his ass.
He didn't do a sales pitch at all because I already told him that I was interested in the Si and that I was coming off of a lease. No agreements/pre-orders were mentioned. He said that he would call me back when he had more info as to a more precise release date. And to call him if I had any questions :)

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Just called that dealership and spoke with a sales manager there. He said that they DO NOT have any additional information on either the Si or Type R. I think your sales person just wants to keep tabs with you and make sure that you're still interested.

I asked the manager where I could find the same information that they had on our dealer portal. So he knows that I knew what I was talking about. His name was Bud, really nice guy. Sorry for the bad news guys :/

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He didn't do a sales pitch at all because I already told him that I was interested in the Si and that I was coming off of a lease. No agreements/pre-orders were mentioned. He said that he would call me back when he had more info as to a more precise release date. And to call him if I had any questions :)
edited by Gavnzdad

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
If it really is 227 I'd be interested in a green coupe.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
No HID's or LED's on the Si...

That's what I'm saying.

I would love for it to have HID's and we know Honda could easily do this like they did on the CR-Z EX + but it's not what they do...

BA

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
No HID's or LED's on the Si...

That's what I'm saying.

I would love for it to have HID's and we know Honda could easily do this like they did on the CR-Z EX + but it's not what they do...

BA
Hopefully they're built like the Accord headlights- they're supposedly easy to swap with www.theretrofitsource.com components.
I'm worried I'll be 'downgrading' slightly when going from my retro'd car to the TypeR LED's.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
Hopefully they're built like the Accord headlights- they're supposedly easy to swap with www.theretrofitsource.com components.
I'm worried I'll be 'downgrading' slightly when going from my retro'd car to the TypeR LED's.
I can tell you that the LEDs on my Civic Touring are very good. They don't have the cut-off that you can see on all these retrofitted HIDs but they do a great job. No complaints here.

BA

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I drive my wife's MDX and I'm always wishing for more light out the side and brighter high beams! Never would have thought that when we first bought it!

I can tell you that the LEDs on my Civic Touring are very good. They don't have the cut-off that you can see on all these retrofitted HIDs but they do a great job. No complaints here.

BA
MD

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I drive my wife's MDX and I'm always wishing for more light out the side and brighter high beams! Never would have thought that when we first bought it!

MD
Interesting. I've had my Touring Civic for almost 8 months and have yet to wish for more light. I do think they put out a little more glare than I like but there's nothing I can do about that.

BA.

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

MD
Interesting. I've had my Touring Civic for almost 8 months and have yet to wish for more light. I do think they put out a little more glare than I like but there's nothing I can do about that.

BA.

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
It was the usual sales/"how's your current Si working out for you" kinda call.

But he mentioned that a Honda rep was at their location last week. He imparted the following tidbits of information pertaining to the Si and Type R:

There will be 2800 Type R's available. Our local dealership is getting one. He mentioned the price would fall just short of $33k.

As far as the Si's go, he stated that they would be available in May at a price between $25-$26k. He also said the hp would be 227.

Take all of this as you will.
Got similar news from a Southern Ontario dealer regarding pricing/options/HP but release date quoted was earlier (might be because production will be in Alliston Ontario) April.