So my local dealership just called me...

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
It was the usual sales/"how's your current Si working out for you" kinda call.

But he mentioned that a Honda rep was at their location last week. He imparted the following tidbits of information pertaining to the Si and Type R:

There will be 2800 Type R's available. Our local dealership is getting one. He mentioned the price would fall just short of $33k.

As far as the Si's go, he stated that they would be available in May at a price between $25-$26k. He also said the hp would be 227.

Take all of this as you will.
Sponsored

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
It was the usual sales/"how's your current Si working out for you" kinda call.

But he mentioned that a Honda rep was at their location last week. He imparted the following tidbits of information pertaining to the Si and Type R:

There will be 2800 Type R's available. Our local dealership is getting one. He mentioned the price would fall just short of $33k.

As far as the Si's go, he stated that they would be available in May at a price between $25-$26k. He also said the hp would be 227.

Take all of this as you will.
Did you ask any other questions? I would have kept him on the phone forever lol.

I work in sales at a dealership, and checked everything I could and there is still no information on there given to us. So I have no clue how he ended up knowing this. What dealership is it?

OP
OP

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
Did you ask any other questions? I would have kept him on the phone forever lol.

I work in sales at a dealership, and checked everything I could and there is still no information on there given to us. So I have no clue how he ended up knowing this. What dealership is it?
The only other thing I asked him was to confirm that the Si did not come with halogens this time. He confirmed they would come with HID's. He made it sound like the Type R's would be far more limited than we may have first thought. The lone unit they are getting is for the whole calendar year.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
The only other thing I asked him was to confirm that the Si did not come with halogens this time. He confirmed they would come with HID's. He made it sound like the Type R's would be far more limited than we may have first thought. The lone unit they are getting is for the whole calendar year.
Cool. 227hp hey. Good to know. Too bad on the May part.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
What dealership was this?

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else thrown off by the HIDs? Unless I missed something somewhere, shouldn't upgraded lights be LED?

OP
OP

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
Anyone else thrown off by the HIDs? Unless I missed something somewhere, shouldn't upgraded lights be LED?
I asked him about that. He said they would be the same as the Touring.

OP
OP

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
Did he literally say "the same as the Touring" or "HID", cause those are two entirely different things.
That is actually what he said. "They are HID's. The same as the Touring." His words!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So he has no idea what he's talking about and thus, in my opinion, his information is useless.
Honestly...not saying everything is made up, but I wouldn't be 100% sure of the dealer's info. Tourings are LED reflectors, that's been known for quite some time.