So many Air intake in the market, which is the best?

So many Air intake in the market, which is the best and why?

• Injen short ram

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Injen cold air intake (CAI)

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • AF Dynamic short ram

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Mishimoto short ram

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Looks like 4 different brands of SRI and 2 CAI are very similar in how much extra power they make in that youtube video of Hondata testing. I having a feeling the PRL is gonna be in the same ball park as well. Thanks for posting that vid @hawk02

Well there you have it. All higher flowing tubes/filter tested by good ol reliable @Hondata making similar gains. As long as the cheap one doesn't rattle itself off I'll save some money and go cheap, doing it for the sound anyways. Also I am not going to be doing any car shows either so no need to show off an expensive suction tube and filter. If anyone wants brand name or the "best" in the business, go for it. As for OP's question on what is the best intake. I take it he is looking at which one makes the most power which looks like any of the two CAI in that video will do just fine.

If you want to keep temps down get an aftermarket intercooler. If you want to make more power, get a tune. If you want to get good suction I suggest a nice girl.
PRL is not in the same range. It's the best intake on the market as of right now. If you aren't looking for the best. Then any of the others will do.
Sponsored

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL is not in the same range. It's the best intake on the market as of right now. If you aren't looking for the best. Then any of the others will do.
you dont get it i think......and why? is it the best?how can you prove that anyways...it almost just hit the market.......

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you dont get it i think......and why? is it the best?how can you prove that anyways...it almost just hit the market.......
Out of all the intakes available as of right now to this date for the Si PRL has the best one hands down. They did testing on it, it makes more power then the stock air box, and peaks past all he ones out right now. So what exactly are you trying to say? It's completely custom made, from start to finish. More work and testing goes into their products then most mass producers. Hence why it's the better product. Do I need to explain more? Pretty sure you are the one not getting it.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyway it's stock or CAI. Short ram is not really going to make a difference on this motor except maybe let more contaminants in, but then a CAI will do that as well.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I just added an Afe Pro Dry S drop-in. I'll be removing the stock corrugated intake hose and replacing it with a PRL silicone intake hose tomorrow. For under $100 I think this is a pretty good combo.

Let's face it, SRI is really mostly for sound.

On the other hand, a traditional CAI makes some actual power. But, I figure a free flowing aftermarket drop-in filter using the stock airbox and switching to the PRL silicone hose will be nearly as good... and no worries about hydrolock in a rainstorm. Just saying.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
One thing I do like about the PRL which probably will never apply to me is the different size MAF housing that you can pick when purchasing. With the stock turbo I don't think I'll every need the race MAF option. Dyno proven 9-14hp/tq gains off their dynojet. And on their website it's going for $320 sale price which is in the same ball park as AEM, K&N,Mishimoto,etc .

So yeah PRL is better marginally at making power to the ones listed. But it doesn't mean the rest "suck." Saying other brands make garbage products, what makes them garbage? Just because the products you purchased in the past didn't live up to your expectations doesn't make these products garbage.

"I don't need evidence,""I am spreading true information".... How are you suppose to convince people to what you believe is true? With facts/studies/actual data they can read or listen to themselves, including your own. Yes, you are straight forward. But at the same time you are so vague with your info. All you are saying throughout this whole thread is 1-PRL is the best 2- Everyone else sucks/are garbage/fraud companies. All @hawk02 had to do was post a video and he gained more credibility than all your post combine on this thread. We all are on here are trying to accomplish the same goal, and that is helping each other out.

And I forgot to ask, @drexter. What do you mean when you ask what the best intake is? Best in making power? Best at keeping temps down? Best for the price? Best looking? Best at making super cool noise?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing I do like about the PRL which probably will never apply to me is the different size MAF housing that you can pick when purchasing. With the stock turbo I don't think I'll every need the race MAF option. Dyno proven 9-14hp/tq gains off their dynojet. And on their website it's going for $320 sale price which is in the same ball park as AEM, K&N,Mishimoto,etc .

So yeah PRL is better marginally at making power to the ones listed. But it doesn't mean the rest "suck." Saying other brands make garbage products, what makes them garbage? Just because the products you purchased in the past didn't live up to your expectations doesn't make these products garbage.

"I don't need evidence,""I am spreading true information".... How are you suppose to convince people to what you believe is true? With facts/studies/actual data they can read or listen to themselves, including your own. Yes, you are straight forward. But at the same time you are so vague with your info. All you are saying throughout this whole thread is 1-PRL is the best 2- Everyone else sucks/are garbage/fraud companies. All @hawk02 had to do was post a video and he gained more credibility than all your post combine on this thread. We all are on here are trying to accomplish the same goal, and that is helping each other out.

And I forgot to ask, @drexter. What do you mean when you ask what the best intake is? Best in making power? Best at keeping temps down? Best for the price? Best looking? Best at making super cool noise?
I did NOT say every other company is fraud. Listen to my words. There are fraud company's out there, do you condone company's providing fake dyno graphs to fool people? Do you condone company's making parts for your car that don't belong there and make your car run worse? and he asked what's the best intake system, so I gave him my .2 based on all testing for all intakes on the market, prl is the best one, so far to this date. So please step off. You don't need to add to the argument when it's not needed. My points are already validated.

Last edited:

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I just added an Afe Pro Dry S drop-in. I'll be removing the stock corrugated intake hose and replacing it with a PRL silicone intake hose tomorrow. For under $100 I think this is a pretty good combo.

On the other hand, a traditional CAI makes some actual power. But, I figure a free flowing aftermarket drop-in filter using the stock airbox and switching to the PRL silicone hose will be nearly as good... and no worries about hydrolock in a rainstorm. Just saying.
Have this exact setup, good overall but may be changing so if anyone is interested let me know!

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

so your just doing same as stock and no sound......
for the same price i hear my turbo...so everybody doesnt have the same purpose modding their cars...thats the truth...you beleive your car is going to be driving better with thoses parts? good for you.....

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
for the same price i hear my turbo...so everybody doesnt have the same purpose modding their cars...thats the truth...you beleive your car is going to be driving better with thoses parts? good for you.....
Dude you sound like you have a needle stuck in your ass? So negative. Almost all threads you been posting in. He's actually adding more power with that set up then the short ram intakes. Most people would rather spend the money to buy something that is going to have benefits. Not just sound. But if you just want sound then cool. Doesn't really matter.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I know that intakes on this car will only add so much. I'm running the AFe drop-in cause it's washable/reusable and breathes a little better, not for a big power increase. I'll get a tiny bit more sound and some better throttle response. I figure for my driving style and how I use my daily driver that works.

I'm not looking for more sound. The only real power mod I'm going to do is a Flashpro or Ktuner. Plus I'm planning on doing some minor suspension work (stickier tires, bigger rear sway and front strut bar). This is how I've basically modded all my cars for a long time. I like my car to look stealth, sound stealth but handle and drive better than stock. I'm not looking to build the ultimate Civic.

Everybody mods their cars (or doesn't mod) the way they want to and that's the beauty of customization, right?

One last thing. I've had a ton of different SRI's on my cars in the past. Homemade, K&N, AEM... you name it. They do sound incredible at WOT. A real head turner. But let me tell ya, those things absolutely lose power and fall on their face when things heat up.
Sponsored

Last edited: