So many Air intake in the market, which is the best?

So many Air intake in the market, which is the best and why?

• Injen short ram

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Injen cold air intake (CAI)

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • AF Dynamic short ram

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Mishimoto short ram

Votes: 15 33.3%

• Total voters

drexter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase

1. Injen short ram
2. Injen cold air intake (CAI)
3. AF Dynamic short ram
4. Mishimoto short ram

I'm driving a 1.5 Turbo CVT, any gain if I change the stock air intake since I had already done my tuning?

Honda Civic 10th gen So many Air intake in the market, which is the best? 2nrlirr
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe

1. Injen short ram
2. Injen cold air intake (CAI)
3. AF Dynamic short ram
4. Mishimoto short ram

I'm driving a 1.5 Turbo CVT, any gain if I change the stock air intake since I had already done my tuning?

2nrlirr.jpg
You forgot Prl. All the ones you listed suck!

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Stock, but if you if you really want a intake I'd recommend mishimotos only short ram one with a cover box which is essential to reducing heat.

Last edited:

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock, but if you if you really want a intake I'd recommend mishimotos only one with a cover box which is essential to reducing heat
A lot of the heat comes from under the filter so that top piece is almost useless. I think as of right now the consensus is stay stock, PRL stage 1, or PRL stage 2 Cobra CAI. Maybe even the Injen CAI, but I wouldn't buy Injen.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
A lot of the heat comes from under the filter so that top piece is almost useless. I think as of right now the consensus is stay stock, PRL stage 1, or PRL stage 2 Cobra CAI. Maybe even the Injen CAI, but I wouldn't buy Injen.
Why would you not buy Injen?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you not buy Injen?
Why do they all suck? Suck air?
Mass produced brand names, except Mishimoto, but I don't know what they were thinking when they made a SRI, CAI would have been better, but besides that, not a lot of descriptive testing is done with the intakes, they quickly make a design and try to make a money, cause it's all about the money. Also it's funny because they do make money because they fool so many gullible people with fake dynos, blown up bold words on their ads saying it's the best, it's adds x amount of power and all these benefits which are false. And yes 99% of the short rams on the market will heat soak. It's been proven they barley make any power. I said PRL because they do amazing work, they do their research. They do extensive testing and show honest results, no fake BS with them, they have good customer service and don't produce garbage, they charge reasonable prices for their products and use high quality materials. They design a lot of their products with 3D printers, and use graphic design. I don't know many other company's doing all that. There obviously more companies like them, I know RV6 is on board with them. May be more to come in the near future.

Last edited:

Meesterivan

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Mass produced brand names, except Mishimoto, but I don't know what they were thinking when they made a SRI, CAI would have been better, but besides that, not a lot of descriptive testing is done with the intakes, they quickly make a design and try to make a money, cause it's all about the money. Also it's funny because they do make money because they fool so many gullible people with fake dynos, blown up bold words on their ads saying it's the best, it's adds x amount of power and all these benefits which are false. And yes 99% of the short rams on the market will heat soak. It's been proven they barley make any power. I said PRL because they do amazing work, they do their research. They do extensive testing and show honest results, no fake BS with them, they have good customer service and don't produce garbage, they charge reasonable prices for their products and use high quality materials. They design a lot of their products with 3D printers, and use graphic design. I don't know many other company's doing all that. There obviously more companies like them, I know RV6 is on board with them. May be more to come in the near future.
Dude it seems like you're talking out of your butt. 99% of Sri will heat soak? Where are you getting these numbers? I'm sure most of us got an intake because of the sound and we all know no real gains come from an intake unless paired with a tune. I'm not going to pay a crazy amount of money for an intake when I know x intake is cheaper and does the exact same thing .

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude it seems like you're talking out of your butt. 99% of Sri will heat soak? Where are you getting these numbers? I'm sure most of us got an intake because of the sound and we all know no real gains come from an intake unless paired with a tune. I'm not going to pay a crazy amount of money for an intake when I know x intake is cheaper and does the exact same thing .
But that's the thing, it doesn't do the same thing, it makes more power and won't heat soak, not talking out my ass, I know. Also more then reasonable for price.

Meesterivan

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
But that's the thing, it doesn't do the same thing, it makes more power and won't heat soak, not talking out my ass, I know. Also more then reasonable for price.
You are talking out of your ass man but let's agree to disagree. Good day
Sponsored