Side mirrors can be auto folded when lock car?

foigt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, Black
Hi Guys

I bought a Civic EXL. I would like to know, if the side mirrors can be configured to auto fold when I lock car trough remote?

Thanks, sorry for my bad english
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Do your mirrors even power fold to begin with? Can't expect them to auto fold like an Audi or Lexus unless they're powered.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope, another feature probably somewhere overseas that we got shafted on.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Asian side mirrors do have auto fold on the higher trims, evidenced by promo videos for those markets.

You really gotta park in some tight spots there because real estate is a premium, and auto-folds are almost a necessity there. It's more of a wow-factor in north america.

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Asian side mirrors do have auto fold on the higher trims, evidenced by promo videos for those markets.

You really gotta park in some tight spots there because real estate is a premium, and auto-folds are almost a necessity there. It's more of a wow-factor in north america.
I agree. I have the folding mirrors on all 3 of my German cars and I never find a reason to use it here in Canada. My wife's Audi is set up to fold the mirrors when ever she locks the car. Guess what? When the mirrors fold inwards and up, it catches the rain/snow/ice in the housing and when the mirror swings down to its normal position, the water runs out, which means it's been sitting there collecting and rusting who knows what. It's another motor to wear out over the life of the car and it's not cheap to replace either. Cost me $1200 to replace the mirror, housing and paint it to match the rest of the car. Dealer claims it's expensive bc of the folding motor and auto dimming, heated, tilt down mirror.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. I have the folding mirrors on all 3 of my German cars and I never find a reason to use it here in Canada. My wife's Audi is set up to fold the mirrors when ever she locks the car. Guess what? When the mirrors fold inwards and up, it catches the rain/snow/ice in the housing and when the mirror swings down to its normal position, the water runs out, which means it's been sitting there collecting and rusting who knows what. It's another motor to wear out over the life of the car and it's not cheap to replace either. Cost me $1200 to replace the mirror, housing and paint it to match the rest of the car. Dealer claims it's expensive bc of the folding motor and auto dimming, heated, tilt down mirror.
I can't help but laugh at this post. Not laughing because you had to spend $1200 but laughing because of your view towards folding mirrors.

But anyways..

Auto Fold mirror IS a convenience to have. Its a shame that we don't have folding mirrors on our Civics just because we have lots of parking space within the US. Though we have more parking space and all that, I dare say that we have more idiot drivers and/or people when it comes to cars. What do I mean by idiot drivers and/or people? People that when they park, even though its a BIG ass space, they'd park very close to us (cause they don't know how to park properly) and when they open their passenger/drivers door, they hit our door because how stupid they are. Or when they get out of the car, bring something big like a big bag or having a large body and then accidentally hitting our side mirrors in the process causing it to potentially break the housing because they parked too close to us.

That's why its an convenience. And you'd be surprise that folding mirrors when trying to get max speed is also vital convenience. To this day, I'm trying to find a shop or someone that does the folding mirrors (with the motor included) because I want to have one on my Civic. Right now, whenever I just park, I have the tendency to just fold them not because it also looks great but because I just assume the large majority of the people driving don't know what they're doing and I just take the safe approach and fold it.

:)

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know! Thanks! I have a friend with a Kia Rondo and his mirrors fold. My neighbour always parks so damn close to my car that he's actually hit my mirror on occasion, but I guess it would be better to continue to do this manually than have an auto folder, given your experience!

What a great forum! I'm glad I can learn from everyone's prior experiences!

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't help but laugh at this post. Not laughing because you had to spend $1200 but laughing because of your view towards folding mirrors.

But anyways..

Auto Fold mirror IS a convenience to have. Its a shame that we don't have folding mirrors on our Civics just because we have lots of parking space within the US. Though we have more parking space and all that, I dare say that we have more idiot drivers and/or people when it comes to cars. What do I mean by idiot drivers and/or people? People that when they park, even though its a BIG ass space, they'd park very close to us (cause they don't know how to park properly) and when they open their passenger/drivers door, they hit our door because how stupid they are. Or when they get out of the car, bring something big like a big bag or having a large body and then accidentally hitting our side mirrors in the process causing it to potentially break the housing because they parked too close to us.

That's why its an convenience. And you'd be surprise that folding mirrors when trying to get max speed is also vital convenience. To this day, I'm trying to find a shop or someone that does the folding mirrors (with the motor included) because I want to have one on my Civic. Right now, whenever I just park, I have the tendency to just fold them not because it also looks great but because I just assume the large majority of the people driving don't know what they're doing and I just take the safe approach and fold it.

:)
We definitely have more idiots! And where I live, we have American-sized cars (for the American market, not to say that Americans are huge. I'm talking about the giant cars,) but European-sized parking stalls.

And talk about bad drivers. My insurance went up $13/month at renewal this year because of the amount of claims in my region. I even have this app that monitors my driving and I've driven the best I ever have (I haven't even had a ticket in the past 3 years!) and haven't had any claims, yet my insurance still goes up, because my fellow citizens are such bad drivers!

Crazy, eh?!

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad I have those, I wouldn't want to miss them.
Press the close button on the remote and keep pressing and the mirrors will fold. There is also a button on the driver side door which you can fold them with.

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I have those, I wouldn't want to miss them.
Press the close button on the remote and keep pressing and the mirrors will fold. There is also a button on the driver side door which you can fold them with.
Must be the European models that come with that. I don't think we can even order it in Canada.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
Would love to be able to read the BCM and see if there is even a line item to enable this. Would also love a workshop manual to see some wiring schematics. And of course find out if the Euro version is a bolt on that works with our body.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is totally possible to add the folding mirrors, it is a very popular mod here. The kit costs around 300$ but it's not super easy to install
Sponsored