SI Price Quotes and Allocation

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've been googling the difference between summer and all season since Honda seems to be shipping only SI's with summer tires here to Indianapolis, where we get actual winter. Anyway- summer tires have no problem with rain, its cold and then snow that does them in. They loose their flex as temps drop and thus loose their grip.

"As ambient temperatures get colder, typically in the 40-45° Fahrenheit range, summer performance tires lose a noticeable percentage of traction as their tread compound rubber properties change from a pliable elastic to inflexible plastic. The tire industry uses the term "glass transition" to describe the temperature where a summer performance tire's grip/slip performance changes dramatically.
"

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=273
:(:(:(
Sponsored

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
Nobody is really wanting to deal with me. Its either little to no information, wanting a deposit (then giving info) or the bait and switch. Depressing to say the least.

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
Nobody is really wanting to deal with me. Its either little to no information, wanting a deposit (then giving info) or the bait and switch. Depressing to say the least.
Nah, it just means there is nothing anyone can do at this point because the actual car is not there. You will be rewarded for your patience soon! :thumbsup:

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
What number do you guys plan on offering for the car, out the door? I have a VW Jetta diesel I'm selling back soon, but have a $80 oil change, and need 2 new tires ($116 total) coming up in the next two months. Would hate to put tires on just to turn the car in. So, maybe my $26.5k figure OTD the dealer could do, isn't so bad. Plan was to wait until July or Aug to come off MSRP a bit, but the savings there may wash out in keeping up the VW parts. What are you all thinking for your ideal sales price, and when are you looking to buy?

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
What number do you guys plan on offering for the car, out the door? I have a VW Jetta diesel I'm selling back soon, but have a $80 oil change, and need 2 new tires ($116 total) coming up in the next two months. Would hate to put tires on just to turn the car in. So, maybe my $26.5k figure OTD the dealer could do, isn't so bad. Plan was to wait until July or Aug to come off MSRP a bit, but the savings there may wash out in keeping up the VW parts. What are you all thinking for your ideal sales price, and when are you looking to buy?
I'm hoping for around 26 in about 6 weeks (i.e. roughly $500 off MSRP), I think that's reasonable.

OTOH, if I must, I will pay MSRP and not feel bad about it -- simply because I can't wait much longer than that, and it's a new/redesigned model that skipped the last year being bought within 2 months of its release, so... I can see how MSRP at that point might still be a fair deal.

Besides, the car loan calc (I have to finance part of it) is showing that $500 difference in the final amount is resulting in the meager $11 per month on a 48-month loan, so that's really almost no difference at all. I can skip a lunch once a month. :D

Good luck!

TheXRated1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring (LSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A local dealer quoted me $23,576 +ttl. $500 over invoice price. IS this a good deal.
At this point in time? Yes, it is. Most dealers want full MSRP and TTL - I'd say that price is fantastic for the next 6 months and beyond.

samuelmei2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
At this point in time? Yes, it is. Most dealers want full MSRP and TTL - I'd say that price is fantastic for the next 6 months and beyond.
That's what i thought too; just want everyone's opinion before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Yeah it's so good, it's almost too good. I would double-check to make sure there's nothing hidden there and this is the actual OTD price. In fact, I would get the actual final OTD number instead of the "+ TTL" part and make them put it in writing.

samuelmei2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Yeah it's so good, it's almost too good. I would double-check to make sure there's nothing hidden there and this is the actual OTD price. In fact, I would get the actual final OTD number instead of the "+ TTL" part and make them put it in writing.

Everything went through email from their general manger. So i have proof. Worst case senerio I'll walk away. No hurry to buy

TTRPGGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord LX
So a few weeks ago, when it showed "in transit" but wasn't on the lot yet, my sales guy emailed me, said he had the blue sedan I was looking for. He said $25975 - MSRP (with summer tires) +$1000 ADM if I was interested. I'd already mentioned that I intended to be patient and not get into any big mark ups, and he was congenial enough about his email and price...not pushy, that I merely replied that I was still interested in a test drive, let me know when it showed up. I can't blame a guy for trying.

Of course, I've been checking their site and honda's. Honda still shows "in transit" but today I see that the dealer is advertising one blue SI sedan for $23,362.... the instant internet savings of $1613. Yeah, that's screen shotted and printed... the internet is forever!

I reached out to my guy who said they only have a VIN, and the car isn't there yet. He'll call me as soon as it arrives... but... folk might be ready to wheel and deal a bit already. Demand may indeed be less than supply.

Penske Honda, last I checked, still has the black sedan they got on May 27th. Still asking MSRP.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Honda still shows "in transit" but today I see that the dealer is advertising one blue SI sedan for $23,362.... the instant internet savings of $1613. Yeah, that's screen shotted and printed... the internet is forever!
Did you also screen shot the fine print at the bottom? :)

"Neither the dealership nor eBizAutos is responsible for misprints on prices or equipment.

It is the customer’s sole responsibility to verify the accuracy of the prices with the dealer, including the pricing for all added accessories.

All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge.

All advertised prices expire at midnight on the day of posting."

TTRPGGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord LX
Did you also screen shot the fine print at the bottom? :)

"Neither the dealership nor eBizAutos is responsible for misprints on prices or equipment.

It is the customer’s sole responsibility to verify the accuracy of the prices with the dealer, including the pricing for all added accessories.

All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge.

All advertised prices expire at midnight on the day of posting."

Nope - I know no deal is done till its done. I still want to be armed.

They also associated 1.9% with this ride - I printed that too.

I've got an excellent Equote from Penske on the alleged trade value of my Accord. I've got the price they just advertised. I've got a competitor (Penske) sitting on inventory in what I presume is a more popular color (Black). If they want the quick buck from a long loyal, three time new car buying, several referrals, always uses their service department, daughter will need her own car in a few years customer then they get me all those numbers and hell, I won't care about buying All Season tires out of pocket in October. IF they don't want that... its ok, I expect they won't take my walk back out to my Accord personally. Its just business.

:)
Sponsored