Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan, 1996 Acura Integra GSR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all, New to Forum.
Just got my SI last week and is interested in the Hondata FlashPro
Anyone got theirs yet? Want to know:

1. real world driving - what difference does the 27+hp/40+lbs make?
  2. can it be reset to default settings in case anything happens to the car during warranty and needs to go back to the dealer?
Thanks!!!

https://www.hondata.com/news/blogart43
Sponsored

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si 2017 Civic SI x2
Country flag
It's amazing! I am actually running the 9psi tune, and was just about to write my review of it. The difference is very noticeable, if you have OEM tires you will definitely hear the difference (spins the tires way too easily under load). Yes, you can always revert to stock.

OP
OP

AngryECW

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan, 1996 Acura Integra GSR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thx Nick! what about gas mileage? Any significant decrease?
This is my daily afterall, but so far this investment will net me the most HP for the buck without much compromising
Think this will create durability problems?

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I have always been an unfair person to ask about MPG because even stock I always burn through more fuel than average haha. There is a noticeable difference but not by much. I also daily mine so my advice would be if you're just on your regular commute drive it without sport mode and be easy on the pedal (drive it like an NA car). Then when you want to have some fun push "hondata Sport" mode and there you go.

Durability is a very tricky word, because you can potentially keep everything stock and it can still mess up quicker than "normal". My best advice, if you want something to last...just take care of it, (You can build a 600hp car and still be a daily, I did). :) Hope that helps

Pepper's Dad

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 2000 Honda Civic Ex 2007 Lincoln Towncar
Country flag
It's amazing! I am actually running the 9psi tune, and was just about to write my review of it. The difference is very noticeable, if you have OEM tires you will definitely hear the difference (spins the tires way too easily under load). Yes, you can always revert to stock.
I am wondering if they, the dealer that is can tell if the tune was changed and then changed back.

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am wondering if they, the dealer that is can tell if the tune was changed and then changed back.
I don't believe they can. Scanning for diagnostics and actually reading programming codes are two different specialties.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've always heard from others the dealer can tell if you flashed it, if they look. (I have no personal experience on this though).

Is it true under this tune NORMAL drive mode is fairly untouched, and then all the new power is under SPORT mode?

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I've always heard from others the dealer can tell if you flashed it, if they look. (I have no personal experience on this though).

Is it true under this tune NORMAL drive mode is fairly untouched, and then all the new power is under SPORT mode?
For the default settings, yes this is true. NORMAL driving mode is totally untouched, but pressing the SPORT button gives you all the normal stuff the SPORT button does, plus the extra power from the Hondata tune. Very cool. There is also an option in the FlashPro to always have the extra power without hitting the SPORT button.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag

The only way to get around this is to buy a new ECU from Honda or a crashed car use a BDM to copy your entire ECU over to that one then flash as you wish Then if there is an issue plug in your untouched unmodified ECU.

But a new ECU from honda is probably too much to make it worth your while but still good insurance if you are really worried.
Sponsored