Si Colors & Full Sales Guide!

Joker33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Wrangler, '03 Civic, '06 Mustang, '15 F150
Probably end of May/beginning of June
They said it would be released in may but was wondering how soon. Knowing Honda it will be the last day of may but the dealer's make there order available on the 25th I believe so it could be mid may. Hopefully by then anyway.
Sponsored

WNCSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si
Country flag
They said it would be released in may but was wondering how soon. Knowing Honda it will be the last day of may but the dealer's make there order available on the 25th I believe so it could be mid may. Hopefully by then anyway.
The dealers are making orders on the 25th of this month? I hadn't heard about that. I've already got a deposit in at my local dealer so now all I need to know is the dang MSRP!

Joker33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealers are making orders on the 25th of this month? I hadn't heard about that. I've already got a deposit in at my local dealer so now all I need to know is the dang MSRP!
Well someone posted that they were supposed to be making an order this week. So I called my dealership and was told that they make there order on the 25th for everything but seemed to think they would be able to place there order on the 25th being tomorrow. I'm really hoping to get the hfp option. And a few other little things and keep it under 30k which should be obtainable. I'm also hoping the car comes before mid may. I totalled my 13 Civic SI sedan because some idiot pulled out in front of me and I t-boned them. I've been waiting since August for this car to finally be released.

WNCSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si
Country flag
Well someone posted that they were supposed to be making an order this week. So I called my dealership and was told that they make there order on the 25th for everything but seemed to think they would be able to place there order on the 25th being tomorrow. I'm really hoping to get the hfp option. And a few other little things and keep it under 30k which should be obtainable. I'm also hoping the car comes before mid may. I totalled my 13 Civic SI sedan because some idiot pulled out in front of me and I t-boned them. I've been waiting since August for this car to finally be released.
I feel you man. I am dying to get into one of these. I hope you are right about the order date, that would make my week.

I'm curious about the HFP. On one hand it could be cool and also keep the resale value higher. On the other I worry that it will bump the car into a higher class in autocross which is important to me. The Si has historically been a great H street car and the SCCA bumped the 2008 Mugen into the next class and that was not a heavily modified version. All that being said there is a chance the Si will end up in G street anyway and all this will be a moot point. Hoping to give those pesky Fiesta STs something to worry about haha.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't get what the big deal is about LEDs. People are all up in arms about not getting them, but I prefer the look of the standard headlights myself. Plus, I can do without getting flashed all the time because other drivers think my brights are on.
The Civic's LEDs aren't class-leading when compared to cars like the Mazda 3. But they aren't horrible either. Comparatively, the halogens are pretty bad on Civic. So much that I would consider upgrading to aftermarket HIDs or factory Civic LEDs.

IIHS gave the standard projectors a "poor" rating while the LEDs were noticeably better (but still poor like the GTI's). Unsurprisingly, glare was the primary reason for the poor rating.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/honda/civic-4-door-sedan/2017

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/mazda/3-4-door-sedan/2017

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/volkswagen/gti-4-door-hatchback/2017

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Honda needs to learn from and repeat whatever they did with the LED low-beam and halogen high-beam headlights on the 2017 Ridgeline, which received the highest possible rating for headlights. Interestingly, the Pilot uses the same headlights, but scored only acceptable instead of good. Hmmm. In the Accord, the halogens in the lower trims (acceptable) outperformed the LEDs (marginal) in the Touring trim.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Yeah I always err on the more conservative side, when in doubt...

Looks like they just confirmed the "next month" thing again, in the latest PR about the Type R killin' it on the Nurburgring: "...the fast and agile new Civic Si Sedan and Coupe, launching next month..."

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's a timeline for the 2017 Ridgeline:

December 10, 2013 - Honda said, "All-new Honda Ridgeline pickup to debut within two years."
February 12, 2015 - Honda released a teaser sketch of the 2017 Ridgeline.
January 11, 2016 - The 2017 Ridgeline was revealed at the NAIAS.
May 5, 2016 - The 2017 Ridgeline began mass production in Lincoln, Alabama.
May 8, 2016 - Specifications were released for the 2017 Ridgeline.
June 20, 2016 - Pricing for the 2017 Ridgeline was released.
June 21, 2016 - The 2017 Ridgeline officially went on sale.

About two weeks before they went on sale, they started shipping from the factory and arriving in regional staging areas so that delivery to the dealers was timed closer to the official on-sale date.

If the Civic Si shares a similar timing and sequence of events as the Ridgeline, I expect to see Civic Si units arriving at dealers in the fourth week of May - right at a month from today. I suspect production began about 2-3 weeks ago, although I haven't seen this confirmed. Honda likes to time production so that there is at least one new model available at each dealership. There are about 1,000 Honda dealers in the US.

I have NO idea how many Si Civics Honda sells compared to the 30,000+ total Civics Honda sells each month, but common sense tells me it's a very low number - maybe around 1,000(?) - since it's anything but a volume seller.

OP
OP
Inertiaman70

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I thought Honda dealers didn't get to place orders, they just got their allotment from corporate. I asked my dealer about that and he confirmed that is how they get their cars.

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
My dealer told me that the allocation was happening today. Since I was there already for maintenance, he asked me what colors I wanted. Hopefully, they get that, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Joker33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought Honda dealers didn't get to place orders, they just got their allotment from corporate. I asked my dealer about that and he confirmed that is how they get their cars.
Correct but it should be on there order sheet. As I was responding Honda called and told me they have the SI available now in there system and I was asked what color I wanted and all that so there you go. He is supposed to call me back if he can find any info on pricing and hfp package but he did say his boss was thinking they wouldn't get them until June which sucks big time.

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My neighbor is the GM at the second-closest Honda dealer to me. I just asked about the Si and here's the response:

"With the APEX system we are allotted a certain number per model. Within that number we can request the color and trim combos. With any new model the allocation is fixed meaning we get what they send us for the first couple of months. We were allocated Si's, but just the sedans. Haven't seen anything on the coupes as of yet."

So, for the first couple of months, they have no control over what they get. They will receive the model, quantity, trim, and color that Honda sends. So, for now, this dealer will be getting some Si sedans, but not Si coupes and they have no choice of color or other specifics.

After the first couple of months, Honda will allocate X number of Civic Si sedans and X number of Civic Si coupes to the dealer. From each of those models, they can request* the trim (i.e., with or without high-performance tires) and color. *Getting a specific vehicle still depends on when Honda gets around to making it. Honda won't just slide in a single green Si coupe with high-performance tires, for example, just because the dealer requests it.

Another thing: Honda only builds in runs of like vehicles. For example, Tuesday's production may be white EX-T sedans with Honda Sensing. Wednesday may be black LX coupes. Thursday may be red LX-P coupes in the morning and blue Si sedans with high-performance tires that afternoon. Ford, for example, may have 100 F-150 trucks on the assembly line and there may be only three silver ones in a row and every one of them will have different options.

Again, any (Honda) dealer who takes your money and claims to place a "special order" is just taking a risk and hoping that what you ordered will happen to show up before you give up. If you go to a Ford dealership and order a blue Mustang with gray interior and a V8 and manual transmission and a half-dozen individual options along with an option package or two, the dealer can place an order for that specific vehicle (but they'd rather sell you what's on the lot today. Ford will schedule it into production and you're guaranteed the exact vehicle you ordered in about two months. However, that's not how Honda works. If you stumble across exactly what you're looking for sooner rather than later, then consider yourself lucky. :)

Last edited:

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
My neighbor is the GM at the second-closest Honda dealer to me. I just asked about the Si and here's the response:

"With the APEX system we are allotted a certain number per model. Within that number we can request the color and trim combos. With any new model the allocation is fixed meaning we get what they send us for the first couple of months. We were allocated Si's, but just the sedans. Haven't seen anything on the coupes as of yet."
My dealer said that, too. I'm not in a hurry to buy one, but I hope to see some of the colors on the Si with my own eyes.

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
This is what my Honda guy has told me as well, and I can't put down a deposit yet, it's likely the sedans will come first is what I was told too, they take orders this week but they don't get to pick, Honda just sends them whatever...Info straight from the sales manager at my local Honda dealer in the midwest

OP
OP
Inertiaman70

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
This is what my Honda guy has told me as well, and I can't put down a deposit yet, it's likely the sedans will come first is what I was told too, they take orders this week but they don't get to pick, Honda just sends them whatever...Info straight from the sales manager at my local Honda dealer in the midwest
Yep, my sales guy is supposedly checking the incoming inventory daily or however often it changes, so I'm hoping to hear what they're getting soon. Doesn't sound like they have many, if any, other buyers as interested as I am, but who knows...
Sponsored