Si Colors & Full Sales Guide!

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
I don't care much for lying to the public when we benefit from cheap pricing across the board. lol
Their cars do require alot more TLC especially after the warranty is up. This was also one of the considerations on buying a Honda since I will be keeping it for the long haul and didn't want to hassle with the extra attention a GTI out of warranty requires. But for most people who only keep a car for 2-3 years max. GTI is a more exhilarating ride even compared to a Type R with a stage 2 APR tune. If your planning on keeping for 2-3 years the GTI is the better buy again.

I get your point. But it's reality. I'm sure nationwide right now you can have killer deals on EXT cars not shy of what I paid or for less.

The MSRP on a GTI Sport comes in at what you mentioned at 30k but because of zrogers number 1. bullet point are heavily marked down to 22k. Could argue it could be had for 21500 including dest charge.

https://www.lindsayvolkswagen.com/i...-gti-sport-fwd-4d-hatchback-3vw547au8hm044516
I'm not disagreeing with any of your points, I'm just trying to make apples to apples comparisons...and really all we have to go to there are MSRP numbers...

We're also obviously approaching these cars from different perspectives...

My "fun" car is my Mustang that I've had since I was 16 and am in the process of putting together a pretty mild 347 street build in the 450-500hp range...And I have an 03 LX sedan as a winter car/daily beater...

I have no intention of buying the Si as an investment, or keeping it for the long haul...shit, I may even lease the thing because my commute to work is less than 10 minutes and I'll probably put 5k miles a year on the thing and just get a new one in 3 years
Sponsored

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I'm not disagreeing with any of your points, I'm just trying to make apples to apples comparisons...and really all we have to go to there are MSRP numbers...

We're also obviously approaching these cars from different perspectives...

My "fun" car is my Mustang that I've had since I was 16 and am in the process of putting together a pretty mild 347 street build in the 450-500hp range...And I have an 03 LX sedan as a winter car/daily beater...

I have no intention of buying the Si as an investment, or keeping it for the long haul...shit, I may even lease the thing because my commute to work is less than 10 minutes and I'll probably put 5k miles a year on the thing and just get a new one in 3 years
Based on what you just told me a GTI sport or SE with a APR stage 1 or 2 would be a better deal and lots more bang for your buck than a Si. Especially if you lease it.

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
Based on what you just told me a GTI sport or SE with a APR stage 1 or 2 would be a better deal and lots more bang for your buck than a Si. Especially if you lease it.
Honestly, I couldn't be less interested in a a GTI, regardless of how desperate they are to give them away...I will however be singing a different tune while I'm sitting across from the Honda sales person...

Last edited:

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2019 Touring PWP Coupe
Country flag
Awe man WOP for white.......i hate pearls.........bleh my ILX is WOP.....ah well, that blue is nice lol

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Honestly, I couldn't be less interested in a a GTI, regardless of how desperate they are to give them away...I will however be singing a different tune while I'm sitting across from the Honda sales person...
haha, well don't be upset when that GTI blows by you ;)

to each their own haha

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
I was hoping for a hot orange or blue version of Energy Green pearl.
Yes the Redline Orange Pearl is my favorite color. Had a 09 Sedan in that color.
But a high energy blue would have been nice as well.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I don't care much for lying to the public when we benefit from cheap pricing across the board. lol
Except they might be lying about other things to you right now and you won't know about it.

The Si is a hard sale for me. So is the Type-R when a Golf R can be had for little more.
Sure sounds like you've made up your mind already. (Not that there's anything wrong with that. :))

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just because Msrp is 25k doesn't mean what you may pay. Like your Ext cvt retail was 23,200 retail but you paid 20,800. I would say the Si should fall into the 22-23k range and maybe 21k area in a year or two. But you asked for a reason.. Residual is the reason and the Si is loaded with extras that sets it apart. But be prepared for it some how to fall into a sports car insurance category because it's Sports Injected. ;)

Any reason to get a Si over a EXT running +6 PSI flashpro tune? I can't imagine paying 5k more over what I paid for my EXT sedan CVT with honda sensing (20800 including dest charge) for a bit more power that can be had for 659USD...

AzulKari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
1. Simply remove the tune. coming from 335i scene where tunes are common this was a non issue. Shady but it works.
2. It's not rocket science. All the tune does is tune the car for higher octane. Which is no different than the Si 1.5l Lump. How much boost will the Si run?
3. When you can buy a GTI with all the track goodies for a grand more (as there will be no incentives when these first come out) If track and autox use is a consideration a GTI is the better buy.
4. Personally I'm not looking at economy cars with manuals. Rather buy a S2000 (I've owned one)
5. See 3. and 4. plus day to day use these mean very little
It sounds like you just don't require any of the actual performance features and the manual transmission that the Si provides. The Si can get a tune and with the manual it'll be able to handle more torque as some tuners are starting to show the CVT isn't rated to take too much. If you want just the power boost without the actual handling bits behind it, then the EX-T with flashpro is perfect. I debate the same myself if I actually use the LSD and push my 8th gen Si, but I know I'd never take an EX-T to an autocross like I would the Si.

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
Just checked my insurance on adding the Civic Si coupe, it didn't increase my monthly costs by much, tells me the vehicle assists and crash test ratings are keeping the premiums down, plus loyalty discounts help.. Shouldn't costs us an arm and a leg, hope this helps

FaceVisor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
I believe the factory adds a few gallons for the initial test drive and transport. And I think the dealer tops it off before the sale (or they should).
The factory adds enough to go about 15 km. Ask me how I know... I test drove a Hatchback Sport fresh off the truck, the test drive round trip would have been 20 km, had we been able to finish it :doh:
Sponsored