Si Colors & Full Sales Guide!

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
True. It's also mentioned the Si will have "different pistons, valves..." so who knows.

It doesn't specifically reference mention what the differences are, for all we know it could be marketing talk for "technically different enough to qualify that statement" or could actually mean hardier components. I guess we'll find out once people start modifying these things. :D
My guess is the pistons are a bit beefier, and the valves offer a bit more flow. Probably just enough that even though they are both 1.5T even if it and the base had the same turbo on them it would still flow a bit better and take a bit more boost than the base 1.5T.
Sponsored

WNCSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si
Country flag
I know this thread will soon devolve into the standard "wtf 205hp? Lol SIvic lame" thread, but I can't wait for this car.

A couple things I noticed:
- it does mention that navi will be available. I need to dig into what mapping program (if any) can be displayed through Apple CarPlay. Does anyone know?
- It appears that only the coupe gets a height adjustable driver seat, not the sedan. I wonder what the reasoning is for that
- No mention of what the HFP package will look like, maybe that will come in later model years?
- I was surprised at the description of the dual mode shocks. I had assumed they would just change throttle and steering but the sport mode actually changes the valving in the shocks which is pretty sweet given what we think they MSRP is going to be. I wonder if the aftermarket suppliers of shocks are going to make shocks that can utilize this system or if aftermarket shocks will ignore it...

Overall this has turned out to be a really well featured car with some nice performance bits - hopefully we hear about price soon!

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
- it does mention that navi will be available. I need to dig into what mapping program (if any) can be displayed through Apple CarPlay. Does anyone know?
The only instance that mentioned it could be an option is under the turn-by-turn section on the model features. It does not list navigation as being a package option, but summer tires are clearly listed.

Will it be offered from the get go since it uses the touring stereo?? That would be epic.

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
I know this thread will soon devolve into the standard "wtf 205hp? Lol SIvic lame" thread, but I can't wait for this car.

- It appears that only the coupe gets a height adjustable driver seat, not the sedan. I wonder what the reasoning is for that
- No mention of what the HFP package will look like, maybe that will come in later model years?
- I was surprised at the description of the dual mode shocks. I had assumed they would just change throttle and steering but the sport mode actually changes the valving in the shocks which is pretty sweet given what we think they MSRP is going to be. I wonder if the aftermarket suppliers of shocks are going to make shocks that can utilize this system or if aftermarket shocks will ignore it...

Overall this has turned out to be a really well featured car with some nice performance bits - hopefully we hear about price soon!
Assuming it functions like my mom's EX-T...I can tell you that Apple Maps works...and if you use Android Auto, Google maps works...

I hav

OP
OP
Inertiaman70

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
The only instance that mentioned it could be an option is under the turn-by-turn section on the model features. It does not list navigation as being a package option, but summer tires are clearly listed.

Will it be offered from the get go since it uses the touring stereo?? That would be epic.
Actually Navigation is listed in the Si specifications:

Honda Civic 10th gen Si Colors & Full Sales Guide! upload_2017-4-19_12-35-47

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
In looking at the specs on the EX-T, I don't think the Si will come with Honda Satellite navigation as either standard or an add-on (despite being hinted otherwise). With Carplay, you can run Apple Maps through the 7" display, and facilitate the sound/voice of Waze and Google Maps through the headunit's BT function.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
In looking at the specs on the EX-T, I don't think the Si will come with Honda Satellite navigation as either standard or an add-on (despite being hinted otherwise). With Carplay, you can run Apple Maps through the 7" display, and facilitate the sound/voice of Waze and Google Maps through the headunit's BT function.
I'd like to agree with you based on the fact that there are only four model codes listed - sedan and coupe with or without high-performance tires. I also know for a fact that incorrect information was listed in various locations for both the 2017 Ridgeline and 2017 CR-V in the press releases, training material, consumer website, owner manuals, and even the Monroney stickers. In fact, the 2017 Ridgeline website still contains an image of the wrong climate control panel (they show the one from an HR-V). Honda compensated Ridgeline owners for the lack of the walk-away auto lock feature not being on the lower trims despite it being listed on the Monroney sticker. They also compensated CR-V EX-L buyers for the vehicle's lack of HD radio even though it was listed on the Monroney, website, and press release for the EX-L model without navigation.

On the other hand, a navigation-equipped Si was offered for a decade from the 2006 to the 2015 model year. It would seem odd to stop offering it now.

Last edited:

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
Is the LSD really that much of an advantage over the torque vectoring differn
I'd like to agree with you based on the fact that there are only four model codes listed - sedan and coupe with or without high-performance tires. I also know for a fact that incorrect information was listed in various locations for both the 2017 Ridgeline and 2017 CR-V in the press releases, training material, consumer website, owner manuals, and even the Monroney stickers. In fact, the 2017 Ridgeline website still contains an image of the wrong climate control panel (they show the one from an HR-V). Honda compensated Ridgeline owners for the lack of the walk-away auto lock feature not being on the lower trims despite it being listed on the Monroney sticker. They also compensated CR-V EX-L buyers for the vehicle's lack of HD radio even though it was listed on the Monroney, website, and press release for the EX-L model without navigation.

On the other hand, a navigation-equipped Si was offered in the previous generation. It would be odd to stop offering it now.
It's possible that in keeping with Honda's corporate strategy of being a "value brand" they chose to axe the navigation system in favor of CarPlay and Android Auto, since the former really does offer poor value when compared against the latter.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
On the other hand, a navigation-equipped Si was offered in the previous generation. It would be odd to stop offering it now.
True, but it was also an option on the EX back then. Since it's now moved upstream to the Touring, my gut says it was nixed.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I noticed something pretty much confirmed that I speculated on in another thread. All horsepower and torque numbers are measured by the SAE net standard, and we already know how underrated the base models are. This pretty much proves that the Si will be underrated from the factory.

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
Looks like the access to that training info is blocked, can someone else confirm this please...Thanks!

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt
Hoping someone can mirror/upload screen caps of the training info, can't get to the site now. (Somebody thought to make a backup, right? :p)

WNCSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si
Country flag
So I noticed something pretty much confirmed that I speculated on in another thread. All horsepower and torque numbers are measured by the SAE net standard, and we already know how underrated the base models are. This pretty much proves that the Si will be underrated from the factory.

To follow up on this - it also say she that premium Gas is recommended but not required. So I am wondering if of the 205 hp is based on the minimum Octane ratings and if the ECU will adjust based on the gasoline you choose which is what the standard ex-t does. If that's the case I'm inclined to agree with you!