Should I sale my CTR? Honest opinions welcome...

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
I was debating if I should sale my CTR...I retire next year and not sure if I should or not. What are your opinions?
Sponsored

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Don't know your full situation but in a nutshell -- if you can afford it, keep it. If you can't, sell it. :dunno:

habibmustafa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
1. It's your investment. Unless you give us more story to why you come up with the idea, then our opinion is meaningless...
2. It's "sell".

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you can afford it? Keep it Retirement = just equals more time to enjoy :)

OP
OP
CivicTypeRMan

CivicTypeRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350/Soon to be Type R
Country flag
Why are you sailing your CTR?
I'd like to be debt free before I retire. However, I know I'll always have debt in some manner. Just not curious if I want to keep this car debt or not. I believe it's an investment for the future though as well. Sooooo. Decisions decisions. lol.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
You'll be sad you sold it as soon as you see it leave your driveway, trust me.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd like to be debt free before I retire. However, I know I'll always have debt in some manner. Just not curious if I want to keep this car debt or not. I believe it's an investment for the future though as well. Sooooo. Decisions decisions. lol.
it’s fun car but don’t count on it not depreciating.

SalemTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own: ‘17 PMM CTR, 2013 White Honda Civic EX
Country flag
From another old guy, are you crazy or what. You only live once. As a fellow PMM owner lets be real the CTR is a blast to own. Think of track days, long trips on curvy roads, four door hatch with lots of room for the golf clubs, thumbs up and hang loose signs by passerbyers every trip out. Crap you’ll always be in debt, just enjoy the hell out of it then when you find something else (you can afford) to drive that is more fun than the Type R, sell it then. I agree, you’ll regret it a lot if you let go of your PMM. Of course I’ll have mine paid off before I retire but maybe I’ll upgrade when/if the next great CTR model comes out down the road. I bought a 2001 Odyssey when I was younger, new family very spendy back then, the guy I bought it from wanted to invest the $$$ but hell I had 13 yrs. of traveling, hauling soccer kids, lots of dogs, family trips, many memories I could never buy with $$$ in that vehicle. :crazy:don’t sell it!

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
Keep it and enjoy your free time with your type r! Only sell if u cant afford the payments on top of living expenses.

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Think of it another way. Every tax payer in USA already owe more than $150k as part of the $20Trillion national debt. So you can never truly be out of debt at a macro level. All perspectives on debt depend on the vantage point. If you can afford it without stretching your finances a lot I would recommend keep it. Another way to look at it is companies like Honda will start reducing R&D into ICE cars. Electric is here. China, France, UK are making it mandatory that all new cars have to be electric within 10-15 years and auto companies will switch directions as China is the largest auto market already. So this might be one of the last gens of ICE technology at its peak. Best of luck in your decision making.

hemiblas

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus st, mustang v6, 99 cherokee, jk, jku
As long as it fits into your monthly expenses why not keep it. You can't take it with you.

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Just to be frank here. If you have to debate about it, you will just come to regret it more later.

Type-R is a great car, but if you don't track or drive too hard with it.. it is just a very uncomfortable, loud car.
Sponsored