Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
"You should always pay mark-up for FOCUS RS! Because it's awesome!"

Someone paid $60K for first batch RS.
The Type R release is a CARBON COPY of the RS release. Cars sold like hotcakes, and then people didn't want to pay the markups and cars sat.
Sponsored

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
The Type R release is a CARBON COPY of the RS release. Cars sold like hotcakes, and then people didn't want to pay the markups and cars sat.
we will see if the ADM second wave holds up in california, just from me making a few calls, the dealer is still asking 5k-20k+ list is 10-30 deep

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
Production numbers per year on the R should be much higher tho.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Production numbers per year on the R should be much higher tho.
Agreed. Only reason I ain't stressing right now. It's hard to not want one though haha

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
Agreed. Only reason I ain't stressing right now. It's hard to not want one though haha
Dude I'm about to buy a used one for over the price of an MSRP one lol... We'll see tho. I've been waiting since October of last year and called more dealers than I'll ever care to talk to the rest of my life. HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of hours looking up info on dealers/releasedates/etc. Thousands for sure just looking up general info. I'm next in line for the car but it's not the color and this dealer doesn't get as much as the other dealers. UGH I don't know what to do. I wanted a new car last year so I was ready to buy last year, but the R was announced and the wait game happened. My current car is a POS and I don't want to put money into it.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Dude I'm about to buy a used one for over the price of an MSRP one lol... We'll see tho. I've been waiting since October of last year and called more dealers than I'll ever care to talk to the rest of my life. HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of hours looking up info on dealers/releasedates/etc. Thousands for sure just looking up general info. I'm next in line for the car but it's not the color and this dealer doesn't get as much as the other dealers. UGH I don't know what to do. I wanted a new car last year so I was ready to buy last year, but the R was announced and the wait game happened. My current car is a POS and I don't want to put money into it.
Jump on it man! don't be stupid and think prices will come down...it won't! you might be waiting for nothing again! Just get it and start enjoying. The best they have against you is "Fanboy". :nixon:but you'll have a Type R and they won't!

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Jump on it man! don't be stupid and think prices will come down...it won't! you might be waiting for nothing again! Just get it and start enjoying. The best they have against you is "Fanboy". :nixon:but you'll have a Type R and they won't!
Pretty liberal with other people's money aren't you?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
In no hurry, my dealer is telling me I can have the next car at msrp. First come first serve. If I don't get it, I'm waiting till next spring. No point buying a car and enjoying it a month or two as most and get hit with cold weather and shitty winter months soon after. Rather enjoy the car new for the full summer.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
In no hurry, my dealer is telling me I can have the next car at msrp. First come first serve. If I don't get it, I'm waiting till next spring. No point buying a car and enjoying it a month or two as most and get hit with cold weather and shitty winter months soon after. Rather enjoy the car new for the full summer.
First come first serve for MSRP; you better camp out there the night before the car shows up! There will be a bunch of people showing up.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
First come first serve for MSRP; you better camp out there the night before the car shows up! There will be a bunch of people showing up.
I missed the first car because I chose to drink at happy hour instead. Thats how much of a rush I am in to getting in to debt.