Second wave is upon us- Here's some state's lists

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
Its being discontinued because Focus is being redesigned on a new platform for 2018, factory will be retooled for the new model.
Sponsored

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I think 2018 is the last model year for the current generation Focus.

But are they saying there won't be an RS for the next gen Focus?
I've heard the car is done in the US due to poor sales. All of the articles I have seen point to that as well.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
I've heard the car is done in the US due to poor sales. All of the articles I have seen point to that as well.
I believe Focus RS sold well in europe. US is a market for crossovers, sports car market has been on a decline in the US. It also doesn't help that RS only came in a manual. Majority of the market that can afford a car like this is pretty much stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
I believe Focus RS sold well in europe. US is a market for crossovers, sports car market has been on a decline in the US. It also doesn't help that RS only came in a manual. Majority of the market that can afford a car like this is pretty much stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.
sadly true funny how it is impossible having car with stick here .. in Europe even most rental cars come in manual

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
The Focus RS and likely the Type R won't sell well because they are overpriced. At around $35k they are both a decent value car, any more than that and it's not even close to worth it.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
The Focus RS and likely the Type R won't sell well because they are overpriced. At around $35k they are both a decent value car, any more than that and it's not even close to worth it.
true, I mean when evo and sti first came out, 300hp was crazy. Also these cars ate up much more expensive cars. However the prices kept creeping but I wouldn't say the performance to value have done so. For 40k there Camaro SS 1le can't be beat.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Look at the product! you're comparing RS to Type R...Look like you should go get the RS...the RS is sitting in the showroom because the Type R was introduced! otherwise, it'll still be the hottest hatch, and thus no DISCOUNT! You all are nut if you think the Type R will be "a dime a dozon" within the next year...maybe if they produce 3000 per year for 4 year, maybe by year #4 it'll be negotiable. Guys like you guys will NEVER get a Type R!! Good Luck!
we don't need the fanboy talk now. Focus RS has a 30+ year of rally racing heritage.
I am still not fully convinced that the R WON'T be available in a few months. The die hards got theirs, but they will begin to settle down with this second and third wave. I've long stated that they likely won't be on every street corner Honda dealer, but if you want one you can find one. That said, there is an RS at my local dealer that has been there for nearly 4 months, at least that I am aware of. They are asking full sticker for it but I bet a serious buyer could buy under sticker without issue.

Outside of that, the R has a heritage like the RS, in it's own respective category. Honda has really only been in the US for about 30 years. Each are super bad ass.

Thanks for the luck! It's because comments like yours that I am set on buying one under sticker price.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
lets end that discussion i mean will it be msrp or under and adm shit .. i wont pay dime over msrp and i have no reason to explain why and how.. talking about paying or not paying adm has been discussed million times and we end up at deadlock each time ... lets focus on the CTRs coming yay

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I am still not fully convinced that the R WON'T be available in a few months. The die hards got theirs, but they will begin to settle down with this second and third wave. I've long stated that they likely won't be on every street corner Honda dealer, but if you want one you can find one. That said, there is an RS at my local dealer that has been there for nearly 4 months, at least that I am aware of. They are asking full sticker for it but I bet a serious buyer could buy under sticker without issue.

Outside of that, the R has a heritage like the RS, in it's own respective category. Honda has really only been in the US for about 30 years. Each are super bad ass.

Thanks for the luck! It's because comments like yours that I am set on buying one under sticker price.
All good, but you probably have to work really hard to find it...also, just keep your mind open on maybe MSRP is just not there anymore...one final note is supply and demand. Good luck! I think everyone needs a Type R (don't care how much you pay, but just get one!)...it's just a bad as ride!

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
lets end that discussion i mean will it be msrp or under and adm shit .. i wont pay dime over msrp and i have no reason to explain why and how.. talking about paying or not paying adm has been discussed million times and we end up at deadlock each time ... lets focus on the CTRs coming yay
You're right...just do what ever you have to to get a Type R...to me, it is worth the $$$ that I've paid. If driving experience is what you want, then color won't matter, as they all drive the same. If you want to look good, then find the color you want!!

Hondasport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R-00144
Cool. Yeah they just offered me a protection package which really is fairly priced. I'm only passing on it because I've got a pretty good opportunity to jump on Ceramic Pro Gold from a friend who is opening up shop in the next week or two and wants to get his name out there a bit.
Is this shop going to be in the Central PA area? I'm currently looking for places that do ceramic for when I get my hands on mine.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
"You should always pay mark-up for FOCUS RS! Because it's awesome!"

Someone paid $60K for first batch RS.
Sponsored