pristine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sports Hatch
Country flag
Hi all,
I have a 2017 sports hatchback.

I accidentally scuffed/chipped-off some paint on the black trim in the front. So basically where the spot is now, the glossy paint is gone but the dull black behind the paint is showing. It is hard to see in natural light but once you shine a light on it, you can see it easily.

This is my first scratch, so it's a heartbreak for me. Would really appreciate if someone has any suggestions on touching this up. :(

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
Hi all,
I have a 2017 sports hatchback.

I accidentally scuffed/chipped-off some paint on the black trim in the front. So basically where the spot is now, the glossy paint is gone but the dull black behind the paint is showing. It is hard to see in natural light but once you shine a light on it, you can see it easily.

This is my first scratch, so it's a heartbreak for me. Would really appreciate if someone has any suggestions on touching this up. :(

Thanks in advance.
This is why I got the LX trim. I scratched the edge of the rear bumper backing into a pole but you can't see it and it's an LX but it still hurted a loted. I know I need touch up paint and some tool to mix it up but that's as far as I've gotten. The key is you can't see it and so I don't OCD it. get it.

OP
OP

pristine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sports Hatch
Country flag
This is why I got the LX trim. I scratched the edge of the rear bumper backing into a pole but you can't see it and it's an LX but it still hurted a loted. I know I need touch up paint and some tool to mix it up but that's as far as I've gotten. The key is you can't see it and so I don't OCD it. get it.
Yeah, the black trim really makes the car stand out but it is so easy to scuff up. I'm sure I'm not the only person with the same problem - wondering why Honda doesn't have a touch-up paint for it.

My concern is, will the plastic start to oxidize over time and become more noticeable? Like I said, you can't see it unless you look closely and shine a light directly at the spot. But if the plastic starts to oxidize it may start to change colour and become noticeable.
Sponsored