RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was very excited for this to arrive today and thought I'd share the unboxing experience with everyone else. This is a beautifully crafted and well built piece. @RV6 says that this downpipe design (with the included O2 sensor de-fouler) does NOT lead to a check engine light. Thanks to Ktuner I am prepared to override such a CEL if needed but not having a CEL to begin with is obviously preferred. I'll install it before the end of the weekend and provide more feedback then but for now enjoy these photos:

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0890.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0891.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0892.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0893.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0894.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0895.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0896.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0897.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0898.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0899.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Performance Cat-less Downpipe Unboxing IMG_0900.JPG

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
How did you order these?? Didn't see anything on their website..?? Unless I missed it...any link available for it;)

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
We also should do one thread for all our reviews rather than several individual threads?Hopefully I'll have mine in by this weekend.I was going to wait due to the fact that I had surgery recently and am supposed to be taking it ez.But can't wait to get this installed.Gonna also have my Ktuner calibration revised by @VitViper to maximize performance gains.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
i got it installed... it was a pain in the ass
end up breaking both studs on the turbo. soaked them few a hours with pb blaster too. also the front pipe also gets in the way. you will either need to remove it or remove it off the hanger.

15miles so far no cel on hondata

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How's it sound?Much louder?Hows the power compared to before.Did you remove the front pipe or pull it off the hanger?Hopefully penetrating oil will prevent the studs from breaking.Turbo studs hard to replace.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
How's it sound?Much louder?Hows the power compared to before.Did you remove the front pipe or pull it off the hanger?
i took a shortcut and pried the pipe to the side and pulled on the downpipe down. Requires lots of strength to do that so thats why i recommend the hanger.
It's raining here so i cant really test the power yet.
it sounds about the same inside the car imo. as for someone standing outside - not sure

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
You took the intake tubing off though?Or the whole thing out through the bottom.
you can take the intake tube off. thats another way to do it. i pulled everything from the bottom.

oh you only need to pull the silver under tray off. there was enough room to do everything you need.

i will put a write up tomorrow. i just need to take a few more pics and pull them off my dslr

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesomeness.Ill be trying your method first.When I did my first oil change it looked like the cat could be pulled out like you've done.When I installed my RV6 Downpipe on my 9th SI it was a bitch getting the cat pulled out but I was able to do so.Thanks DC T

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
damn, so now i have seen 2-3 different people snap their bolts install these downpipes, that includes PRL. :hmm:
Sponsored