RV6 Downpipe Teaser

Veldox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
We can make a catted version of the downpipe. However from past experience inexpensive high flow cats and turbo cars do not get along. The high flow cats usually melt in a short amount of time, especially if they are located close to the turbo. There are high flow cores that will take the heat but they are in the $300-400 range for just the core. We have had good luck placing a high capacity ceramic converter further down the exhaust for our RDX downpipe.
As much as I would rather not have a cat I also don't want a CEL and Hondata seems to not be making a fix for the CEL.
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
As much as I would rather not have a cat I also don't want a CEL and Hondata seems to not be making a fix for the CEL.
Buy a little angled eliminator

Reactions: RV6

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Wow! Perfect price-point for me! Tuning in for further updates.

Reactions: RV6

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Wow! Perfect price-point for me! Tuning in for further updates.
what? rv6 didnt list a price for it. I think you are reading that a high core cat cost 300-400 alone

edit: overlooked the price post

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
oh snap i missed that post above that.

Guessing thats just for the downpipe and no "a" pipe
That's the way I read it, if only they gave a price point for that too.

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
pre-order pricing likely? any price point you are shooting for w/ the a pipe? and say somebody later gets the 3" a pipe (I assume this is the piece from the DP that runs to behind the crossmember and continues into what is marketed as "aftermarket exhaust"?) what is the final diameter of that? does it step down to ~2.25" at the flange or is a 3" setup from you or a custom flange on another setup required to use your a pipe?
We usually just do intro pricing. I am not a fan of taking money on a product we do not have ready yet or still in development.

The factory A-pipe is ~2.125" OD (outer diameter) and the factory exhaust is 2" OD. I do not see the benefit of getting a 3" A-pipe and bottle necking it at the exhaust. The A-pipe should be swapped out when and if you upgrade the exhaust. However we will offer our A-pipe with either a slip joint or Vband option to connect to the exhaust of choice. Depending on that flanges other manufactures use for their catbacks we can make compatible adapters.
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Downpipe Teaser rv6_civicx_teaser5

We will include a defouler for off road use which will keep the CEL from coming on. This way you can maintain the use of the diagnostic features of stock ECU.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta ask, is there one for the 2.0L in the works?

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotta ask, is there one for the 2.0L in the works?
Yup, we are working out a issue with exhaust flanges. The factory flange has a bent mounting point. Bending 5/16" mild steel is not a issue however trying to bend stainless with that thickness is a bit tough.

Reactions: 18k