RV6® Modular Downpipe for 16+ Civic 1.5T Official Release!

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice product, sounds so boring though.
We do have a catback in the works with different muffler options to suit your taste.

Do you need to tune for the 11 & 11 performance gains?
No tune and no expensive premium fuel just regular 87 octane. A ~7% increase in power is pretty good for a simple bolt on.

Any updates for the 2.0l?
New flange design is almost done for the 2.0L we have given up on trying to bend 5/16" thick stainless. Contact me if you want to be BETA tester.

Could someone ELI5 what this is for and what the charts indicate? :)
Install part and make 11HP and 11 HP to the wheels. That is about 7% or starting with 13 bananas and getting one extra.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you go after hitting the wall

Also, paging @Snoopyslr... is this bad for our cars? :D
If anything it's good for your car. :p That restrictive factory downpipe makes the engine work harder. One of the race teams we work was having trouble keeping engine coolant temps under 240F on the track until they installed this downpipe.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks guys! Seems like this would be a great purchase once I've got some money to toss around.

RV6 said:
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you go after hitting the wall
Interesting... This is an analogy I haven't heard before. I'll have to let it digest for a bit.

Zachdavis11

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
We do have a catback in the works with different muffler options to suit your taste.

No tune and no expensive premium fuel just regular 87 octane. A ~7% increase in power is pretty good for a simple bolt on.

New flange design is almost done for the 2.0L we have given up on trying to bend 5/16" thick stainless. Contact me if you want to be BETA tester.

If anything it's good for your car. :p That restrictive factory downpipe makes the engine work harder. One of the race teams we work was having trouble keeping engine coolant temps under 240F on the track until they installed this downpipe.

Is this a DIY kind of bolt on?

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this a DIY kind of bolt on?
Yes, the only special tool you will need is a O2 sensor socket if you don't have one. They are under 10 bucks at the autoparts store.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Yes, the only special tool you will need is a O2 sensor socket if you don't have one. They are under 10 bucks at the autoparts store.
not really necessary, a wrench will work too or even channel locks. my o2 was not really tight or rusted on

Reactions: RV6

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could someone ELI5 what this is for and what the charts indicate? :)

Also, paging @Snoopyslr... is this bad for our cars? :D
I'm not very knowledgeable about how finicky these Civic's are to tuning and modding, but I think this is a long overdue upgrade. If you're after power, then this is the absolute best place to get it. Pair this with a down pipe and nice free flowing exhaust, and you'll be doing this tiny TD03 turbo a huge favor.

Also.... have I become the go too guy who focuses on reliable mods? lol For crying out loud, I used a sawzall to cut the roof off my car once!

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also @RV6, beautiful work on this piece. That is exquisite work. I keep telling myself that I won't mod this car, but then you go and release beautiful parts like this! DAMN YOU!

DKL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Challenger Hellcat. '06 Z4 '97 Supra '18 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will I get a check engine light w/o the cat?

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will I get a check engine light w/o the cat?
We haven't had any issues with a CEL using a defouler. One customer has his adjust his one turn to be CEL free.
Sponsored