Resonator

jamesbwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Sorry but I have a noob question.

Does the 2017 civic have 2 resonators, one under the air filter, and another connected to the exhaust system?

I thought I removed the resonator which was attached to the air filter box when I installed a short ram intake, but someone mentioned that there may be a resonator near the muffler.
Sponsored

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Sorry but I have a noob question.

Does the 2017 civic have 2 resonators, one under the air filter, and another connected to the exhaust system?

I thought I removed the resonator which was attached to the air filter box when I installed a short ram intake, but someone mentioned that there may be a resonator near the muffler.
Yes, there are two resonators. One is in the air-box assembly and it keeps the intake noise down, they have came standard on all vehicles since the late 90's as for the masses they want quiet acceleration...

There is a resonator on the exhaust basically underneath where your shifter is at under the car. If you remove it will add a little bass to your exhaust and maybe some more popping. I will be removing mine and welding in a straight pipe, and will keep the mufflers in the back as I just want a "little" more volume from the car. Do not expect a performance increase just a little more noise and hopefullysome popping on decelleration. I will cut my own out, put a straight piece of pipe in and weld it in or use band clamps as I do NOT want any exhaust smell coming in the cab. Best is to go to exhaust shop and get a quote, doesn't take long and doesn't require any hanger changes etc. I have seen people getting it done for as little as 30 bucks and as much as 150... But for 150 you can delete the mufflers and just run the resonator - which I don't recommend unless your under 25;-)