Request: DIY SPC Rear Camber Arms Tips?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I started installing my Sportlines tonight and had planned on doing the camber arms at the same time. The upper/inside bolt is very hard to get to. I'm one of those guys that does just about everything myself but I'm strongly considering taking it to a shop and letting someone else handle that. If anyone has any tips on how to get that bolt out please feel free to share.

I've attached a photo showing which bolt I'm talking about. I can barely get a 17mm socket on it, much less while attached to a ratchet. This is the driver's side for what it's worth.

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: DIY SPC Rear Camber Arms Tips? IMG_0729.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish. I did the passenger side with a wrench and didn't have any trouble. There is more in the way on the drivers side.

MinhQP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish. I did the passenger side with a wrench and didn't have any trouble. There is more in the way on the drivers side.
I used a ratcheting wrench and was able to get both sides. It takes awhile because you're only gonna get like 1/8-1/4 a turn each time and its a relatively long bolt. That was probably the most time consuming part of the whole install. Also the wrench won't seat all the way on the bolt at first but it should be enough to get it started. You can always try using one of the angled wrenches too.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used a ratcheting wrench and was able to get both sides. It takes awhile because you're only gonna get like 1/8-1/4 a turn each time and its a relatively long bolt. That was probably the most time consuming part of the whole install. Also the wrench won't seat all the way on the bolt at first but it should be enough to get it started. You can always try using one of the angled wrenches too.
Thanks for the tip. I will try that. I'd really hate to pay someone to do it.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got it. Thanks for the tips / encouragement. Ended up using the combination of a 17mm angled ratcheting wrench and a 3/8" drive socket. I also loosened up anything that was in the way to get a little more room to work. (Not much)

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: DIY SPC Rear Camber Arms Tips? IMG_0737.JPG

BLK Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 1960 Classic Mini w/B16B
Got it. Thanks for the tips / encouragement. Ended up using the combination of a 17mm angled ratcheting wrench and a 3/8" drive socket. I also loosened up anything that was in the way to get a little more room to work. (Not much)

IMG_0737.JPG
Is the camber kit heavier than the OEM?

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Hey all during the installation how did you handl the ride height sensor mounting? It clearly states to only do the install of it till after the alignment... I'm assuming you all just installed it as is and got the alignment after and they did the adjustment there with the ride height sensor? @360glitch

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hey all during the installation how did you handl the ride height sensor mounting? It clearly states to only do the install of it till after the alignment... I'm assuming you all just installed it as is and got the alignment after and they did the adjustment there with the ride height sensor? @360glitch
Curious about this as well. Thanks.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious about this as well. Thanks.
My install was on a non Type R, so no ride height sensor. In fact, the camber arms for the Type R have a different design.

1Si

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm not sure if there are other threads that went over this DIY request since I haven't seen any. I thought it might be helpful to give an idea of what tools I used to get this done. For anyone thinking of doing this, this is definitely doable at home with jack stands and patience. This is all done from the side of the car, no need to crawl under or drop subframe etc.

Tools Needed(I used):
3/8 Flex Head Ratchet with 17mm socket
17mm Ratcheting Wrench

The hardest side is the driver side. What I did is loosened the bracket that holds the gas filler hose for little wiggle room (picture attached below). Then loosen the 17mm bolt using the 3/8 Ratchet Flex head with 17mm socket, I prefer this as this feels more secure and the entire bolt is snug inside the socket compared to a wrench. The picture of the ratchet I attached below is what I used, perfect for making it fit in the tight space and not too long where it hits other parts. I have it angled 45 degrees pointing downwards where the handle is behind the wheel hub/ brakes, this gives enough space to loosen the bolt. The angle of the ratcheting wrench at picture #3 is how I fitted the flex head ratchet. So use that as reference. Once it's loose, you can use the ratcheting wrench to pull it all the way out.

The other side is easier as theres much more space. Same directions.

Total time it took me from getting all tools together, installing, and cleaning up is about 2 hours. I'm not a mechanic and very careful with the car too so that added to the time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: DIY SPC Rear Camber Arms Tips? A34433D4-71CB-4552-9B3A-8DAB50B36247

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: DIY SPC Rear Camber Arms Tips? 6C919BF2-0A1D-4217-A8FF-28A6DEEC0F43

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: DIY SPC Rear Camber Arms Tips? A3D1D72C-3652-428D-B4C8-1CFCADFD83C4

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: DIY SPC Rear Camber Arms Tips? CF784F05-A7EE-402A-8520-B26E6E5A1CCD

boe921

First Name
sinan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport+
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
for easy installation advise you to use this type of wrench

Honda Civic 10th gen Request: DIY SPC Rear Camber Arms Tips? Open-wrench-ratchet

Reactions: 1Si

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ive had a pair of truhart camber arms laying around for almost a year and planned on installing them with my coilovers... took one look at that driver side bolt and damn... just didn't want to deal with it.

did you all apply anti seize on the threads? didn't think of this before but found a post on here where someone's arms seized and they couldn't get an alignment done
Sponsored